Valley Force Composite Technologies [VLYF]: Valley Forge, LLNL, Russian Institutes Complete Work on Explosives Detection
- Bangalore. // AirGuide Online.com;3/22/2010, p1
The article reports on a package containing explosive material wrapped in a newspaper that was found in the cargo hold of a passenger aircraft after it landed in the southern Indian state of Kerala.
- AN/PSS-12 Mine Detecting Set... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Feb2000, Issue 567, p22
Offers information on how to use AN/PSS-12 mine detecting set.
- Explosive sense of smell. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);5/24/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7795, p8
The article reports on the Localisation of threat substances in urban society (LOTUS) project, a detection technology that would allow law-enforcement officials to detect terrorists attempting to make homemade explosives in Great Britain.
- Sniffing out danger. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);5/24/2010, Vol. 295 Issue 7795, p10
The article repots on the new mine detector technology developed by an engineering team led by David Daniels of Cobham Technical Services, which promises to spot deadly, explosive items with lesser fault alarms in Great Britain.
- Detecting Concealed Explosives with Gamma Rays. Sredniawski, Joseph J. // Industrial Physicist;Mar1997, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p24
Focuses on the detection of concealed explosives with the use of Gamma resonance absorption (GRA) in loaded cargo containers in the United States. Reasons for the difficulty of detecting explosives concealed in cargo containers; Ability of the GRA system to distinguish explosives from other...
- Have you heard the buzz? // Know Your World Extra;2/23/2007, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on a study by scientists in Los Alamos, New Mexico which found that bees can save lives. The scientists have trained honeybees to detect bombs by putting them near different types of weapons and given sugar water. They found that when bees smell something explosives they...
- Security review urged after officials thwart bombplot. Wiener, Robert // New Jersey Jewish News;11/4/2010, Vol. 64 Issue 44, p7
The article reports that the local Jewish institutions have been pressed to be vigilant and to increase their mailroom security following the interception of two air-freight packages containing explosive materials addressed to synagogues in Chicago, Illinois.
- L-3 Communications [LLL]: OSI Systems [OSIS]: ECAC Certifies Products to Type "C" Standards. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/30/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the certification of several checkpoint screening technologies by the European Civil Aviation Conference in March 2011 as meeting the Type C standard for detection of liquid explosive threats and other possible threats.
- in brief. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Dec2001, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p12
Reports developments related to military paraphernalia in the United States as of December 2001. Launching of the image generation tools for simulated terrain by MultiGen-Paradigm; Plan of Macrosemi to supply military-grade electronic power components to European defense company, Adoption of an...