General Electric's [GE]: DARPA Awards GE's Research Center $6M for Biosensors
- DARPA Issues BAA for Cyber Insider Threats. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/1/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 18, p17
This article reports on the Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) issued by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) which seeks novel approaches to insider threat detection that boosts the accuracy, rate and speed of detection and that impede the ability of adversaries to operate...
- DARPA moves ahead with National Cyber Range project for advanced cyber security research. Keller, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the defense contracts awarded by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) to Orlando, Florida-based Lockheed Martin Simulation, Training & Support segment and the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory in Laurel, Maryland.
- Lockheed Martin Receives DARPA ALASA Contract Award. // Space & Missile Defense Report;7/13/2012, p8
The article reports that Lockheed Martin (LMT) has received a Phase I Airborne Launch Assist Space Access (ALASA) program study contract from the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The ALASA program is a research and development program to mature technologies that will...
- WireX Wins DARPA contract to advance intrusion detection. // Military & Aerospace Electronics;Dec2000, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p15
Reports on WireX Communications' contract to develop information security technology for the United States Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Advances to be made in intrusion detection, response reasoning and system adaptation; Enhancement of the DARPA Autonomic Information...
- Boeing To Test Innovative Main Rotor System Under DARPA Contract. // Defense Daily;5/30/2007, Vol. 234 Issue 41, p8
The article reports on the contract awarded by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to Boeing Co. The company has been awarded a $3 million contract to test an innovative helicopter main rotor system that promises quieter operation, reduced vibration and potentially...
- Northrop Grumman Developing Bio-Warfare Agent Detector For DARPA. // Defense Daily;1/11/2006, Vol. 229 Issue 6, p7
The article reports on a phase three contract given to Northrop Grumman by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency to continue development of the handheld isothermal sliver standard sensor used for identifying biological warfare agents. The contract will encompass initial fluidic...
- Just-in-time power. Kren, Lawrence // Machine Design;9/19/2002, Vol. 74 Issue 18, p44
Discusses the development of military computing platforms partnership between IBM and Darpa. Objective of the project; Model of computing processors bought by the two companies.
- Northrop Grumman Surpasses Fiber Laser Goals, Moves To Phase II. // Defense Daily;6/23/2010, Vol. 246 Issue 59, p7
The article focuses on the company Northrop Grumman Corp., which has outdone goals of Phase I for the revolution in fiber lasers (RIFL) program of the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). Phase II of DARPA contract is calling for the scaling power to 3kW in a single mode fiber...
- Regenerating Blood. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/9/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 31, pDT19
The article reports that Battelle and two subcontractors have a received a contract by the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to develop a portable medical device that treats the blood of wounded soldiers.