Lockheed Martin [LMT]: Lockheed Martin Develops 3G Network for Smart Phones
- Lockheed Martin wins $105 Million for Army network. // Modem Users News;Jun2011, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p5
The article offers information on Lockheed Martin's contract with the U. S. Army to supply additional communications equipment for the Warfighter Information Network-Tactical (WIN-T) Increment 2. The army utilizes the WIN-T for on-the-move broadband networking capabilities for the satellite and...
- Top Execs Push Broadband. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;01/28/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p34
Discusses the urge given by officials in the telecommunication industry for a policy on broadband access in the U.S. Identification of the officials that have cited the need for a broadband policy; Effort taken by the Computer Systems Policy Project for a national broadband policy; Status of the...
- The bandwidth bandwagon. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;04/03/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p9
Focuses on the broadband communications market in the United States (US). Efforts of Broadwing to bring optical services in the US; Plans of Broadwing to deploy Corvis' CorWave products across its nationwide networks beginning with the Western half of the US; Details on the launching of...
- An Overview of Broadband Technologies. Sharathchandra, Chitra // Rural Telecommunications;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p36
Discusses the application of broadband technology in the United States. Definition of broadband technology; Characteristics of the technology; Variants of the digital subscriber line.
- new products. // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p64
Features several broadband communication products, compiled as of April 2003. Work Order Management Software by Enhanced Telecommunications Inc.; Polarization Mode Dispersion Analyzer launched by EXFO Electro-Optical Engineering Inc. INSET: Textile innerduct.
- Spectrum scuffle. Luna, Lynnette // Telephony;10/23/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p8
Focuses on a White House executive memorandum calling for executive branch departments and agencies and the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to cooperate with the wireless industry to identify spectrum for high-speed, broadband 3G systems. Global bands that were identified...
- Global Crossing, Telefonica, 360networks in tight race to deliver undersea cable capacity to Latin America. // Lightwave;Nov2000, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p206
Provides information on the broadband undersea cable system development in South America. Predictions of the Yankee Group on the demand of undersea cable capacity in the area; Use of Internet in the Latin American region.
- Is PCS just another brick in the wall? Lindstrom, Annie // Telephony;12/5/94, Vol. 227 Issue 23, p5
Opinion. Discusses the negative impact of the broadband personal communication services (PCS) license auctions on the quality of PCS products. Criticisms on the communication systems owned by the author.
- Government must take the lead in selling broadband. Nutley, Michael // New Media Age;12/19/2002, p18
Calls for the British government to take a leading role in the mass-market acceptance of broadband technology as of December 2002. Status of the broadband technology market in the country; Success of the massive broadband campaign; Issue on the components of a broadband content.