McAfee [MFE]: Microsoft's [MSFT]: Malware Threats Increasing Exponentially, McAfee Report Says
- Comparing the effectiveness of antispyware removal tools. Martins, W.; Furnell, S. M. // Journal of Information System Security;Jun2011, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p15
Spyware represents a significant threat to Internet users, introducing malicious code that is capable of tracking their online activities and stealing their personal information. As a result of this threat, various products have been introduced to remove spyware from PCs and many users...
- Eternal Flame. Batey, Angus // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 23, p26
The article focuses on the discovery of Middle East advanced computer spyware Flame and the impact it has had on cyberwarfare. The author explains how the malware tricked infected computers into believing it was a computer operating system Windows update, compares it to the malware Stuxnet, and...
- Pass the Spam. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;1/12/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 7, p5
The article reports that the people behind the now-defunct Spamit junk-email producer are reportedly focusing their efforts on creating adware, malware, and spyware.
- More Malicious Attacks On The Threat Horizon warns ISF. // Software World;Jul2008, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the warning given by the Information Security Forum (ISF) to computer users in Great Britain. The ISF warns the public that there will be an increase in malicious threats including attacks from organised crime and industrial espionage, together with the increase in mobile...
- The state of system forensics. Rapoza, Jim // eWeek;3/26/2007, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p46
The author argues that businesses must put a higher premium on tracking malware. He emphasizes that a company must employ the most cutting-edge security tools and products such as intrusion prevention systems, patch management tools and system-hardening scripts to fight against these problems....
- SPYRUS UNVEILS HYDRA PC USB ENCRYPTION DRIVES WITH MCAFREE. // Computer Security Update;Apr2009, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that Spyrus Inc.'s Hydra PC Virus Protected (ViP) USB encryption drives will be incorporated with the McAfee Scan Engine technology of McAfee Inc. The activity is designed to develop a USB encryption drive solution that protects host computers, peripheral flash drives and...
- McAfee Internet Security Suite. // Australian PC User;Sep2006, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p46
The article reviews the antispyware McAfee Internet Security Suite from McAfee.
- THE STATS. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Sep2015, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p11
Statistics are given regarding the number of countries with personal computers infected with spying programs, and the percentage of Web attacks launched from malicious Web resources in the U.S. and Germany.
- Untitled. Ashford, Warwick // Computer Weekly;11/23/2010, p45
The article focuses on the latest threat report from security firm McAfee Inc., which found that, with an average of 60,000 new pieces of malware, the highest levels have been reached by malware growth.