FBI Seeks Information on Mobile Biometric Capture Devices
- Lockheed Martin Completes Critical Design For Portion of NGI. // Defense Daily;4/13/2011, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on the Critical Design Review (CDR), developed by Lockheed Martin (LMT). It mentions that CDR is developed to match latent fingerprint and introduce palm print matching to a new biometric database. It informs that LMT's CDR is developed of Federal Bureau of...
- FBI launches war against street gangs. // Current Events;2/3/92, Vol. 91 Issue 17, p3
Reports that this month the Justice Department will ask Congress to approve of a crackdown on law-breaking street gangs that will employ 300 Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) agents that have been freed for the task by the Soviet Union's breakup. Types of gang violence; FBI's breakup of Los...
- FBI settles race bias claims with blacks agents. // Jet;5/11/92, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p10
Announces that the FBI and attorneys for 300 black bureau agents have reached a tentative agreement aimed at settling claims of racial bias within the agency. Claims of black agents; Requirements of tentative settlement.
- Investigation. // New Yorker;6/8/92, Vol. 68 Issue 16, p31
Present a humorous account of a friend of the author's who was subjected to a thorough investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation after the FBI received an anonymous tip that she (Janet) committed some alleged wrongdoing. She was asked not to harass the agents who were harassing her;...
- The FBI's role in fighting terrorism. // Scholastic Update;5/16/86, Vol. 118 Issue 23, p21
Despite its open borders, so far the US has stayed largely free of major terrorist attacks. Article outlines what the Federal Bureau of Investigation is doing to keep terrorists from committing crimes on US soil, highlighting the FBI's joint task forces with local police, its secret budget for...
- `Ma'am, what you need is a new, improved Hoover.' // Washington Monthly;Jan89, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p10
Recaps the problems in the Federal Bureau of Investigation, including the harassment of Hispanic and black agents, the surveillance of the Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador, the Library Awareness Program, and the treason cases of agents Edward Lee Howard, Richard Miller and...
- And why they let anyone be an informant. Burkholder, S. // Washington Monthly;Jan89, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p19
Describes how reports written by Federal Bureau of Investigation agents Michael Boos, J. Michael Waller and Frank Varelli about the activities of the Committee in Solidarity with the People of El Salvador (CISPES) were circulated as official documents.
- Document fraud defeatable. Sable, Lauren E. // Crain's Cleveland Business;06/28/99, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p27
Reports on the efforts of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) Financial Crimes Unit to decrease the instances of document fraud.
- FBI asks for help in CFA bombing case. // Wood & Wood Products;Jun95, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p14
Reports on the Federal Bureau of Investigation's (FBI) request for assistance in its attempt to apprehend the UNAbomber who is believed to have been responsible for the California Forestry Association bombing.