NGIC Issues RFI for Biometric/Identity Intel Support
- Army Biometric Intelligence Resource Contract. // Airport Security Report;3/11/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p2
The article reports that Northrop Grumman Corp., has been awarded $36.9 million cost-plus-award-fee contract by the U.S. Army to enhance the ability of Biometric Intelligence Resource (BIR) system. The BIR system uses biometric data like fingerprints or iris scans and is a massive repository...
- DARPA Plans Authentication Program Using Software Biometrics. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;11/30/2011, Vol. 252 Issue 41, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) is planning to launch its Active Authentication program to initiate a basic research effort in software biometrics to identify people rather than rely on things such as passwords, user IDs and physical...
- Nadra annuls 90,000 CNICs. // Flare (Pakistan);4/15/2012, p58
The article reports on the cancellation of 90,000 computerised national identity cards by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) after the Bio-Metric System's implementation in Peshawar, Pakistan.
- India Biometric Card Planned For Rural Rollout. // CardLine;1/29/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p44
The article reports on the plan to develop a biometric card service from Tripura State Cooperative Bank in the five Indian state villages of Tripura in India.
- State Bank Of India Bets Heavy On Biometric Cards. // CardLine;2/5/2010, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p14
The article reports on the move of State Bank of India to issue three million biometric cards in the country in 2010 as compliance to the government's mandate to bring financial services to more unbanked consumers.
- Voter Check. // Southasia;Nov2015, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p11
The article reports that Bhutan plans to implement biometric voter authentication technology.
- Army Has Need for Nearly 200 Cargo and Personnel NII Systems in Afghanistan. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/7/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p22
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Army to award a potential five-year contract involving cargo and vehicle non-intrusive inspection (NII) systems as well as personnel NII systems that will be integrated and installed in Afghanistan.
- Washington Observer. Hunter, Pam; Russell, Pam Radtke // ENR: Engineering News-Record;9/12/2011, Vol. 267 Issue 7, p9
The article reports on the U.S. Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan's final report, released on August 31, 2011, which claim that up to 61 billion U.S. dollars were lost due to contract waste and fraud in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- U.S. Defense Appropriations Overview. // Aerospace Daily & Defense Report;7/1/2015, Vol. 253 Issue 1, p7
The article list of U.S. Defense Appropriations Bill (H.R. 2685 / S. 1558) is presented.