Air Force Seeks Tech Demos to Secure Nukes
- The nuclear weapons labs. Day, Jr., Samuel H. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Apr1977, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p21
The article focuses on the nuclear weapon laboratories in United States. The Lawrence Livermore laboratory, located in Berkeley, California is primarily concerned with designing nuclear warheads while its sister institution, the Los Alamos Scientific Laboratory in Los Alamos, New Mexico deals...
- Chinese nukes in Tibet. // Earth Island Journal;Summer93, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p13
Reports on the investigation of China's atomic bomb development and manufacturing activities at a secret site northeast of Lake Kokonor on the Tibetan Plateau, by `Nuclear Tibet,' a report by the International Campaign for Tibet. China's dumping of an unknown quantity of low-to-high-level...
- The bomb tribe. Beers, David // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p46
Focuses on nuclear weapons designers in the United States. Excitement in creating bombs; Government policy on nuclear weapons; Nuclear weaponry as deterrent to wars.
- Iran's progress towards nuclear capability is no joke. Goodwin, Guy // Nature;9/21/2006, Vol. 443 Issue 7109, p271
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Revival in Iran" published in the Number 442, 2006 issue.
- Iran is sixth, not second, in Middle East publication list. Meshorer, Eran // Nature;9/21/2006, Vol. 443 Issue 7109, p271
A letter to the editor in response to the article "Revival in Iran" published in the Number 442, 2006 issue is presented.
- The Fatal Time Bomb. Cohen, Sam // Insight on the News;11/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 43, p28
Focuses on pure-fission nuclear weapons and laws governing nuclear weapons development in the United States (US). Two other categories of nuclear weapons; Description of pure-fission devices; Application of pure-fission weapons; Prohibition of pure-fission development in the US; Nuclear weapons...
- NUCLEAR MELTDOWN. // Weekly Reader News - Senior;3/3/2006, Vol. 84 Issue 20, p2
Reports on the controversies surrounding nuclear activity in Iran and North Korea. Countries that are known to have nuclear weapons; Development of nuclear weapons by Iran; Willingness of North Korea to abandon its nuclear program in exchange for aid.
- MAKING IT WORK. Alvarez, Robert // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p55
Focuses on the nuclear weapons worker compensation law in the United States (U.S.) that was passed in December 2000. Serious concerns abut whether the U.S. Department of Labor will be able to fairly process claims of weapons workers; One issue about the law that need to be addressed; Other...
- Russian Shakeup Draws Mixed U.S. Assessment. Mann, Paul; Komarov, Alexey // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/14/2000, Vol. 153 Issue 7, p30
Reports on United States strategic experts' mixed reactions to Russia's military restructuring and putative shift toward conventional modernization. Potential loss to nuclear arms control; Preservation of nuclear security; Dispute between Defense Minister Igor D. Sergeyev and Anatoly Kvashnin,...