DHS Plans $2M Contract Bridge for TSL Support
- Fixed Risk? Butler, Amy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/14/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 10, p39
This article reports on the adoption of a fixed-price development strategy by the U.S. Defense Department. With this strategy, there is a need for requirements to be well-articulated and not altered in order to reap the benefits of a fixed-price contract. Ashton Carter, the new defense...
- The Changing Face of U.S. R&D. // R&D Magazine;Dec2008, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p34
The article focuses on the funding forecast for the U.S. research and development (R&D) in 2009. Battelle/"R&D Magazine" forecast that total U.S. R&D spending will increase 1.75% within the forecast period. Based on the U.S. source/performer matrix, the federal government supported R&D...
- Changing the Map. // Time;8/10/1962, Vol. 80 Issue 06, p11
The article focuses on the 12.3 billion dollar funding on research and development for defense and space in the U.S. It states that the money will be placed for research, development, testing, and evaluation. It notes that the Government money has been distributed to several states including...
- Quallion Unveils New Anti-Idling Battery Technology And Advanced High Efficiency HVAC System for Commercial and Military Truck Applications. // Battery Power Products & Technology Magazine;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the development of a battery powered anti-idling heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) system for Class 6 to 8 commercial and military trucks by Quallion LLC, under a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- L-1 Identity Solutions [ID]: L-1 Gets DHS S&T Contract for Mobile Fingerprint Technology. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/7/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p18
The article reports on a research and development contract awarded by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate to L-1 Identity Solutions (ID) for its mobile fingerprint technology.
- Energid Technologies Develops Software Enabling Driverless Convoy Vehicles. // Sensors;9/5/2014, p11
The article reports that Energid Technologies Corp. has been funded by the U.S. Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD) to develop a digital simulation for safety testing of autonomous military convoys.
- Army Awards Research Into Bio-Sampling Lab-On-A-Chip. // Defense Daily;7/13/2011, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the contract received by the ADA Technologies Inc. from the U.S. Army for the research on the development of a biological sampling platform known as lab-on-a-chip. The company states that the platform performs a sequence of chemical processes to purify and concentrate...
- Findings of Research Misconduct. Dahlberg, John // Federal Register;10/13/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 198, p63621
The article offers information on the notice from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) that the Office of Research Integrity (ORI) has taken final action to Nicola Solomon, Ph.D., University of Michigan Medical School (UMSS). Based on the investigation conducted by the UMMS...
- Financial pain should focus universities. Jones, Diane Auer // Nature;5/6/2010, Vol. 465 Issue 7294, p32
In this article the author discusses the impact of restricted funding for the U.S. science budget 2011. He believes that the restriction would cause improvement in teaching and research and enhance the academics. Also investigated is the gross domestic product (GDP) of the U.S. and its future...