Firm Introduces Chemical Detection System
- Spatial, Temporal, and Interchannel Image Data Fusion Long-Distance Terrestrial Observation Systems. Fishbain, Barak; Yaroslavsky, Leonid P.; Ideses, Ianir // Advances in Optical Technologies;2008, p1
This paper presents methods for intrachannel and interchannel fusion of thermal and visual sensors used in long-distance terrestrial observation systems. Intrachannel spatial and temporal fusion mechanisms used for image stabilization, super-resolution, denoising, and deblurring are supplemented...
- Smiths Detection Introduces Upgrades to Several Products. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;5/26/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p9
The article evaluates the upgraded versions of identification systems from Smiths Detection, including the SmartBio Sensor, the LCD-NEXUS chemical detector and the HazMatID 360.
- SENSING TROUBLE. Durstenfeld, Bob // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jan2005, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p24
Features the application of wireless sensor technology to chemical facility protection in the U.S. Citation of several deadly toxic chemical agents; Contention of the author that security gaps at chemical plants are the result of complacency and lack of awareness of the community threat;...
- Google's Green Frontier. Penny, Janelle // Buildings;Nov2012, Vol. 106 Issue 11, p36
The article highlights the materials lessons that building and facility managers can learn from Google's Healthy Materials Program which aims to remove existing hazardous materials and prevent future ones. Effects of volatile organic compounds (VOC) and semi-volatile VOC and tips on minimizing...
- CWA Detection. // Professional Safety;Sep2006, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p52
The article features the portable chemical warfare agent (CWA) detector called ChemRAE from RAE Systems Inc. which serves as a wireless unit of AreaRAE rapid deployment hazardous environment detection platform. ChemRAE allows user to monitor any CWA threats and can distinguish between nerve,...
- UK company eyes Russia for X-ray and chemical detection systems
business. Wilson, Richard // Electronics Weekly;10/27/2004, Issue 2168, p5
The article reports that Smiths Detection is targeting Russia for its X-ray and chemical detection systems used in airport security and by the military. The opportunity is providing airport scanning and security systems, which Phipson said the Russian government is looking to invest in....
- Smiths Detection Offers New Security Products. // Airport Security Report;5/6/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p3
The article evaluates several products including HazMatID Ranger detector, LCD 3.3 chemical alarm device and Bio-Seeq PLUS biological testing unit from Smiths Detection Inc.
- Technology Secures Borders And Shores Up Com Links. Friedrich, Nancy // Microwaves & RF;Jun2006, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p33
Focuses on innovative technology solutions developed by engineering companies to improve chemical detection systems and strengthen borders and communications systems in the U.S. Mobile Deployable Surveillance Unit from BAE Systems combining radar, electrical-optical and infrared cameras and...
- A simple tool that will set you apart from the competition. Sims, John // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/3/97, Vol. 200 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on carbon monoxide detectors. Positive impression created by the detectors to homeowners; Features and capabilities; Shelf life; Packaging.