Sandia Successfully Integrates Terahertz Laser and Diode Mixer
- 1310-nm VCSEL-based transceivers emerge. Fuller, Meghan // Lightwave;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p40
Features extended-reach vertical-cavity surface emitting laser-based transceivers introduced at the March 2003 OFC event. Design; Performance; Specifications; Areas of applications.
- VCSEL transceiver market triples consumption. Murray, Dale D. // Laser Focus World;Feb2001, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p73
Reports on the vertical cavity surface-emitting laser (VCSEL) transceiver market in the United States. Factors that drive the growth of the VCSEL transceiver market; Capabilities of VCSEL; Applications of VCSEL in telecommunication networks.
- Long-wavelength VCSEL products reach production. Hardy, Stephen // Lightwave;Sep2005, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the development of long-wavelength Vertical Cavity Surface-Emitting Laser products. Development of transceivers featuring the devices; Operating capacity of the products; Launch of the products in the laser industry.
- Atomic line filter blocks the light. Anderson, Stephen G. // Laser Focus World;Sep95, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p18
Focuses on the use of narrow-band atomic line filter in Lasercom transceiver, a laser-based free-space communication system, to block very high background light. Laser output of the system; Requirements for acquiring a laser beacon to initiate a free-space communications link.
- WHAT'S HOT. // Wireless Design & Development;Oct2004, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p8
Evaluates several electronic devices. GaAs MMIC fundamental balanced mixer from Mimix Broadband Inc.; SZA-5044 power amplifier from Sirenza Microdevices; 9Xtend wireless transceiver from Maxstream Inc.
- Mixers of Ultra-High Gain from 5.0 to 18.0 GHz. Hsin-Chia Yang; Jui-Ming Tsai; Cheng-Huang Tsao; Mu-Chun Wang; Sungching Chi; Tsin-Yuan Chang // Wireless Engineering & Technology;Jan2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
Mixers in the communication system provide the possibility of encoding and decoding radio-frequency EM waves with signals through the help of local oscillators. A mixer with capability of high conversion gain, good isolation, and good linearity is comparably appreciated. Extensively wide ranges...
- New Products. Taylor, Kari // Radio Magazine;Jul2004, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p40
Evaluates several audio equipment. Virtuoso V10 digital radio transmitter from Nautel; Z4 digital broadcast mixer from Lawo AG; FMX480 stereo generator from Audemat-Aztec; RMX Digital networkable console from Harris.
- Junk Box Sideband from the Azores. Meara, Bill // QST;Apr2004, Vol. 88 Issue 4, p45
Features a homebrew double sideband transceiver and transmitter. Use of five-wave DSB signal; Use of a passive mixer; Calculation of megahertz signal.
- Design of the millimeter-wave receiver. Shuang Zhao; Dianren Chen // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 662, p235
The millimeter-wave transceiver front-end as a subsystem of high-frequency component is an important part of the radar, navigation, electronic warfare and communication systems. The millimeter receiver front-end developed herein, using the second harmonic mixer, reduces the frequency of the...