L-1 Identity Solutions [ID]: Implant Sciences [IMSC]: Briefing
- Western approaches. // Engineer (00137758);11/07/2003, Vol. 292 Issue 7639, p12
No abstract available.
- DARPA Plans Authentication Program Using Software Biometrics. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p3
The article reports on the plan of the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to announce its Active Authentication program that will initiate a basic research effort in software biometrics. The software is designed to help people identify things such as physical biometrics,...
- BIOMETRIC MEASURES. T. G. // ASEE Prism;Sep2013, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p17
The article focuses on biometrics identification system with a study conducted by University of Washington showing people loose confidence in system if they are denied access at first time and the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency working to develop an improved fingerprint biometrics.
- Death of the Password. RICHARDSON, KARYN // Signal;Aug2015, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p15
The article discusses the development of the cognitive fingerprint program for identity verification systems of computers. Topics covered include the implications of such systems that are designed to recognize human patterns and behavior, employment of covert-conditioned biometrics, and the...
- Phenomenon. STROMBERG, JOSEPH // Smithsonian;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses the field of biometrics, devoted to identifying individuals based on physical and behavioral characteristics. It particularly comments on the Active Authentication cybersecurity program of Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), a division of the U.S. Department...
- SEI receives DARPA contract to develop speech-processing software for noisy environments. // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;7/15/2011, p2
The article reports on the 13-million-dollar contract awarded to SRI International from the U.S. Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) to develop a software that is capable of processing noisy and highly degraded speech.
- SRI manages DARPA program for GALE. // MultiLingual;Jun2006, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p17
The article presents information on a project called Novel Information Gathering and Harvesting Techniques for Intelligence in Global Autonomous Language Environments, launched by independent non-profit research and development organization SRI International. The project is a five-year...
- L-1 Identity Solutions [ID]: L-1 Receives $30M in International, U.S. Orders. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/29/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p17
The article reports on purchase orders worth 24.5 million U.S. dollars received by L-1 Identity Solutions for finger and iris biometric capture devices for the initial phase of India's Unique Identification Number (UID) program called AADHAAR.
- Darpa Eyes Supersonic Quiet Recce Aircraft. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/3/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 14, p39
Focuses on the reconnaissance aircraft project of the United States (US) Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. Development of a long-range, high-speed aircraft; Solution to the penetrating reconnaissance needs of the US Department of Defense; Reduction of the acoustic signature of the...