Global Defense Technology & Systems, Inc. [GTEC]: CBP Takes Delivery of New Mobile Support Vehicle
- SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY: CBP Has Made Progress in Assisting the Trade Industry in Implementing the New Importer Security Filing Requirements, but Some Challenges Remain. Caldwell, Stephen L. // GAO Reports;10/12/2010, preceding p1
The article presents a study on supply chain security conducted by the Government Accountability Office in the U.S. It notes on the implementation of the new Importer Security Filing (ISF) requirements to address security concerns on cargo containers with smuggled contrabands which may include...
- U.S. Targets Illegally Transshipped China Goods. Casabona, Liza; Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/11/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 8, p2
The article reports on the action taken by the U.S. Customs & Border Protection to help curb illegal transhipments of goods from China. The trade officials of the country announced fines and seizures for illegally transhipped goods by declaring that they will charge an additional $80 million or...
- LOCKED AND LOADED. Edmonson, R. G. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);10/11/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 40, p18
The article discusses the launch of the Container Security Initiative of the U.S. Department of Customs and Border Protection. The gadget is a container seal or security device that will sound an alarm if anyone attempts to tamper with the doors of an ocean container. The device is considered as...
- CUSTOMS PACKAGES AIR CARGO SCREENING. Edmonson, R. G. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);5/16/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 19, p18
The article reports that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency, in partnership with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA), and with the cooperation of the Big Four express carriers - UPS, FedEx, DHL and TNT, has began testing the Air Cargo Advanced Screening (ACAS) pilot...
- CBP Issues RFI for Large-Scale NII Systems. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p18
The article reports that a Request for Information (RFI) has been issued by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) to generate feedback from industry on a draft Statement of Work (SOW) in support of the large-scale non-intrusive inspection (NII) systems of the agency.
- Between a Rock and Respect for Life at the Border. // La Prensa San Diego;6/11/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the call of the Coalition for Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles for investigation on the death of migrants Anastacio Hernandez-Rojas and Sergio Adrian Hernandez Huereca in the border region involving the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents.
- Counterfeit shoes put students in Honduras on better footing. Hayes, Sarah // Our Sunday Visitor;7/5/2009, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that the counterfeit shoes seized by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Immigration and Customs Enforcement were given students in a charity program.
- Flight Into the Weird. Dorr, Bill // Transworld Skateboarding;Feb2000, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p190
Describes the experience of a skateboarder on how the United States States Customs at the Los Angeles Airport in California inspected his personal belongings and travel documents. Reasons for going to Amsterdam and other countries; Views on the experience.
- EXPEDITING AIRPORT SECURITY. // Travel & Leisure;Nov2011, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p152
The article offers information on the Global Entry program of the U.S. government wherein travelers will be able to use self-service kiosks to avoid queues for five years and the Canadian hubs added by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection in addition to the 20 U.S. airports with kiosks .