European Civil Aviation Conference Tests Morpho Detection's XRD 3500 EDS
- L-3 Communications [LLL]: Analogic [ALOG]: Morpho, L-3 EDS Systems Certified to Meet New European Requirements. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;3/16/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the approval of three explosive detection systems (EDS) in 2011 by the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC).
- ECAC approves Hungary, Poland as member states. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/2/1990, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p58
Reports that the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) unanimously voted to accept Poland and Hungary as members, the first two Central/East European countries to enter the multinational organization.
- L-3 eXaminer 3DX-ES EDS Systems Gets EU Standard 3 CEP Approval. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;1/18/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p5
The article highlights the certification received by the eXaminer 3DX-Enhanced Speed (ES) explosive detection system (EDS) from L-3 Communications (LLL) Security & Detection Systems from the European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC) Common Evaluation Process (CEP) of security equipment.
- Critical technology: explosives detection. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;01/28/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 45, Supplement p5
Reports the growth of the explosive detection technology market due to the prioritization of airport security in the United States and Europe. Collaboration between the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration and the European Civil Aviation Commission; Distribution of the technology at airports;...
- STEPS TO STANDARD 3. // Airports International;Nov2016, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p28
The article focuses on efforts made by the Birmingham Airport, Great Britain to comply with the Hold Baggage Screening Standard 3 set by the European Civil Aviation Conference. Topics discussed include use of combination of photoelectric cells and bag tag readers by the supervisory control and...
- Remote Minehunting System For LCS Reaches Milestone. // Defense Daily;12/15/2011, Vol. 252 Issue 52, p3
The article offers information on the testing of the remote minehunting unmanned system used for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS) of the U.S. Navy. It is mentioned that the Remote Minehunting System (RMS) completed a relaibaility milestone during testing and would be used for the detection of...
- GE Trace Detection at Air Cargo Facilities. // Airport Security Report;8/26/2009, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p10
The article reports that an initial order of 15 Itemiser DX units for air cargo screening has been received by GE Security Inc. from US Testing Equipment Ltd. It mentions that the Itemiser can simultaneously analyze from a single sample both positive and negative ions, which makes it the...
- India Developing e-dog to Sniff out Explosives. // Siliconindia;Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the development of electronic-dog (e-dog), a prototype being developed by Indian scientists to be used for detecting explosives.
- TSA To Pilot Test New X-Ray System To Image Cars At Ferry Terminal. // Defense Daily;11/3/2009, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p7
The article reports on the three-week pilot test of Spectrum San Diego's Inc.'s CarSCAN X-Ray imaging system by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA). Several features of the CarSCAN including the dual-energy X-Ray transmission imaging capability are mentioned. According to Wayne...