TSA Reaches 100% Air Cargo Screening Milestone
- House Bill Adds To TSA's Request For Explosives Detection Systems. // Defense Daily;6/15/2006, Vol. 230 Issue 53, p10
The article reports on the U.S. House version of the Fiscal Year 2007 Homeland Security Appropriations Bill that would provide the Transportation Security Administration an additional $55 million to purchase more explosives detection systems used at the nation's airports to screen checked...
- Briefing. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/4/2013, p1
This section offers U.S. security and screening news briefs. Brad Buswell has joined OSI Systems' Rapiscan Systems division as president of Rapiscan Aviation Products. U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has delayed award of the contract for fixed surveillance towers along the U.S....
- TSA Plans Competitive Procurement for Reduced-Size EDS. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/8/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 12, p17
The article announces a pre-solicitation notice for a requirement to purchase Reduced-Size Explosive Detection Systems (EDS) issued by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA).
- Marshal Draw. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;Aug2002, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p19
Focuses on the impact of air marshals joining the U.S. Transportation Security Administration on homeland security. Comments of police chief Bill Daddio on the issue; Maintenance of security on the ground; Cooperation of the police officers to work overtime. INSET: HIRING BONANZA..
- TSA Issues FY '11 BAA for Security Innovative Concepts. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;10/13/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p19
This article focuses on the Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) issued by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration which seeks innovative concepts for security during fiscal year 2011.
- In Transit. Peckenpaugh, Jason // Government Executive;Jul2002, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p70
Focuses on the Operation Safe Commerce program imposed to ensure homeland security by the Transportation Security Administration in the U.S. Description of the program; Account on the establishment of the program; Efficacy of the program with the prevalence of terrorism threat confronting the...
- TSA Issues BAA for Innovative Security Concepts. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;10/26/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p22
The article announces that the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) issued a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) for proposals for research projects to support its mission of ensuring the safety of U.S.' transportation system.
- An Explosive Deadline. Peckenpaugh, Jason // Government Executive;Apr2002, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p11
Reports the inability of the Transportation Security Administration to install explosive-detection machines in the U.S. Requirement of reconstruction of airports to install the machines; Need of funds to acquire the machines; Installation of explosion-proof baggage containers on airplanes.
- TSA Soliciting for Maintenance Support for Reduced-Size EDS. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;4/13/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p15
The article presents a solicitation for logistics support services to sustain reduced-size explosive detection systems (EDS) and associated peripheral equipment deployed and operated by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA).