Harris Corp. [HRS]: Harris Developing Cyber Integration Center; Plans Acquisition
- Harris plans commercial sales of Night Hawk microcomputer. Kolcum, E.H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/13/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 11, p59
Discusses plans by Harris Computer Systems Division to expand sales of its Night Hawk microcomputer to the commercial field, as well as continuing sales to the military simulation market. Marketing procedures; Night Hawk line; Training and features; Sales goals.
- Drawing on its strengths. Lannon, Larry // Telephony;11/03/97, Vol. 233 Issue 18, p96
Focuses on the growth of Harris Corp.'s communications sector. Sales and net income; Strategic development and organizational management; Emphasis on key technology and market; Expansion plans; Marketing strategy.
- Follow the electronic roads. Srodes, James // World Trade;Mar97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p16
Provides information on telecommunication company Harris Corporation. Financial troubles in 1993; How CEO Phillip W. Farmer transformed the company; Overseas market development of the company; Harris position in the broadcast area of the communications business; Niche in the radio-television...
- Harris sells EDA unit to former executives. // Electronic News;10/11/93, Vol. 39 Issue 1984, p12
Reports on Harris Corp.'s sale of its electronic design automation (EDA) division. Harris to retain a 20 percent stake in the company; Purchasing group leaders; Reason for the sale; Enhancements on core computer-aided design products announced; Uses of new tools.
- Harris division completes strategy shift to counter reductions in military spending. Kolcum, E.H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/1/1991, Vol. 134 Issue 13, p51
Presents an overview of the Harris Corp. Electronic Systems Sector's diversification plan. While defense department contracts will still be the core business of the unit, it is now in a position to offset reductions in defense spending. 1990 sales figures; airport modernization involvement;...
- Untitled. // Telephony;7/5/93, Vol. 225 Issue 1, p26
Introduces the RF-6520 adaptive data terminal from Harris Corp. Features; Capabilities; Options; Reference contact information.
- Regional notebook. // Air Transport World;Apr97, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p88
Presents a photograph of Harris Corp.'s personal computer-based system for small regionals overlays flight routes on up-to-the-minute weather graphics.
- Harris division offers system to integrate airport operations. Kolcum, E.H. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/16/1991, Vol. 135 Issue 11, p40
Describes `integrated airport systems,' a concept being proposed by Harris Corp. Government Electronics Div., that can update an airport's existing data-base systems and coordinate them with new features as they come on line. The system could help alleviate growing airport user complaints and...
- Harris renames its Dracon Division. Carvelli, Gail Leach // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Oct96, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p112
Reports that Harris Corp.'s Dracon Division has been renamed Harris Network Support Systems. Reason for the name change; Product line.