Northrop Grumman [NOC]: Luminex Corp. [LMNX]: United Technologies [UTX]: Northrop Grumman Begins Delivering Assay Technologies for Gen-3 BioWatch
- DHS Proposes Vicinity RFID for Ports of Entity. Rothman, Paul // Government Security;Oct2006, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the proposal of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security for the use of vicinity radio frequency identification (RFID) technology for further security at the ports in the country. To be compatible with the U.S. Department of State's new PASSport card, the vicinity of RFID...
- Border Security: Challenges in Implementing Border Technology: GAO-03-546T. // GAO Reports;3/12/2003, p1
One of the primary missions of the new Department of Homeland Security (DHS) focuses on border control--preventing the illegal entry of people and goods into the United States. Part of this mission is controlling the passage of travelers through official ports of entry into the United States....
- HSPD-12 Compliance Not Easy. Savage, Marcia // Information Security;Sep2007, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p42
The article discusses how U.S. federal agencies are facing tough decisions with the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) mandate and the Personal Identity Verification (PIV) program. The PIV program will reportedly give federal employees and contractors smart cards for physical...
- ITAA Urges US Government to Move Ahead with Western Hemisphere Travel System. // IT Professional;Mar/Apr2006, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p9
The article focuses on the appeal of the Information Technology Association of America (ITAA) to the U.S. Department of State and Homeland Security to move ahead with plans to purchase a technology system that would help secure and expedite travel to and from Western hemisphere locations. ITAA...
- RFID Hits a Bump. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;7/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 14, p19
The article focuses on the emerging wariness of the U.S. government of the potential problems with security of radio frequency identification (RFID) technology. The U.S. Government Accounting Office and the Department of Homeland Security have released reports that question the use of RFID...
- DHS Issues Draft RFP for BioWatch SETA. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/23/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 24, p20
The article reports that a draft Request for Proposal (RFP) for Systems Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support has been issued by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) for the BioWatch Program Office within the Office of Health Affairs.
- Exit Plan. Sternstein, Aliya // Government Executive;Apr2012, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on cancellation of one billion dollars of virtual fence in absence of availability of suitable technologies by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Remarks Following a Meeting With Congressional Leaders July 24, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/29/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p1247
Presents the text of the remarks of U.S. President George W. Bush following a meeting with U.S. Congressional leaders regarding the Department of Homeland Security legislation on July 24, 2002.
- Remarks on Proposed Legislation To Establish the Department of Homeland Security July 26, 2002. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;7/29/2002, Vol. 38 Issue 30, p1258
Presents the text of the remarks of U.S. President George W. Bush regarding the proposed legislation to establish the Department of Homeland Security on July 26, 2002.