DNDO Issues RFI for PVT RPM Improvements
- DNDO Seeks Info on Radiation Source Sheet to Test Personal Detector. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/23/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p25
The article reports on the issuance of a Request for Information (RFI) by the U.S. Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) for a Radiation Source Sheet that can be used to test the operational functionality of a personal radiation detector (PRD).
- DNDO Seeks Commercially Available Rad Scanning Systems for Cargo. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/17/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p18
The article reports that the U.S. Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) has issued a notice releasing a Request for Information early in fiscal year 2012 for readily available radiation scanning systems capable of identifying radiation sources within cargo entering the U.S.
- RAC to use telematics to predict breakdowns. Carfrae, Jack // Auto Express;1/20/2016 Special Issue, Issue 1405, p22
The article previews the RAC ball advanced warning system from RAC Telematics.
- Statistical software helps ensure nuclear safety. Chamberlain, Sara // R&D Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p63
Focuses on the automation of statewide nuclear radiation monitoring data processing, to ensure nuclear safety. Advantages of implementing the process; Details on how radiation detectors function.
- Warning light. Wagner, Siobhan // Engineer (00137758);3/26/2007, Vol. 293 Issue 7720, p14
The article reports on the collaboration of research laboratories in the U.S., Great Britain and South Africa to create radiation detectors that can guard ports and airports. The three-year research led by Imperial College London aims to look for materials to replace those used to make radiation...
- LABORATUVARLAR Ä°Ã‡Ä°N RADYASYON Ä°ZLEME SÄ°STEMÄ°. Bayburt, Sevil; Bayburt, Mehmet // e-Journal of New World Sciences Academy (NWSA);2008, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p491
In this study, a computer controlled radiation monitoring system is developed for nuclear laboratories. The aim of this system is to monitor the background radiation level of the radiation laboratories using only one control centre. The system counts and evaluates pulses that are generated in...
- SURFRAD--A National Surface Radiation Budget Network for Atmospheric Research. Augustine, John A.; DeLuisi, John J. // Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society;Oct2000, Vol. 81 Issue 10, p2341
Reports that United States National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration has begun the operation of a surface radiation budget observing network (SURFRAD). Goal of supporting satellite retrieval validation, modeling and climate, hydrology and weather research; Features and capabilities of...
- Radiation Alarm System. // Quintessence International;Sep1982, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p1011
The article evaluates a radiation alarm system from Dosimeter Corp.
- A Certified Health Physicistâ€™s Reflections on a 40-Year Career in Radiation Protection. Miller, Mark L. // Dose-Response;Oct-Dec2016, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p1
This is a reflection from a certified health physicist regarding his becoming aware, during his 40-year career, that the linear no-threshold (LNT) model and the associated As Low As Reasonably Achievable concept have no scientific basis and make no positive contribution to radiation safety. They...