CBP Solicits for Low Energy Drive-Through Portals
- Peru US CBP pre-tick. // Travel Daily;2/25/2015, p9
The article reports on the admission of Peru to participate in the Global Entry Program of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in 2015.
- C-TPAT Suspensions And Trucker Complaints. // Bar-Code Border;11/19/2012, Vol. 11 Issue 243, p8
The article informs that the Canadian Trucking Alliance has objected the border security program C-TPAT of the U.S. Customs and Border protection Bureau, under which the truckers' memberships gets suspended without prior information to the associations.
- Living in a Constitution-Free Zone. Miller, Todd // Foreign Policy in Focus;2/7/2013, p3
The article discusses the experiences of the Arab and Muslim community at border crossings in Michigan. According to complaints received by the Council of American Islamic Relations-Michigan (CAIR-MI), agents of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) handcuff the border-crossers and...
- Unisys Gets Contract to Help Secure U.S. Borders Under Land Border Integration Project. // Policy & Practice (19426828);Dec2010, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p31
The article reports on the contract awarded to Unisys Corp. by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection to build an advanced system for identification of people as well as the vehicles entering and exiting the U.S. by way of the land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- IG: CBP Hasn't Fully Implemented WHTI Land Border Document Requirements. // Defense Daily;12/22/2010, Vol. 248 Issue 55, p9
The article reports that the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has not fully implemented the land and sea rule of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), that was effective from June 1, 2009. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Inspector General's Office cites in a report...
- Lockheed Martin Gets Customs And Border Protection Order For P-3 MLU Kits. // Defense Daily;12/21/2010, Vol. 248 Issue 54, p7
The article reports that an order for two additional P-3 Orion Mid-Life Upgrade (MLU) kits has been received by Lockheed Martin [LMT], from the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. For deliveries planned through 2015, the Customs and Border Control will receive up to 16 upgraded P-3s. P-3 Orion...
- Sandia Researchers Develop Simulation Tool to Aid Future Border Security Plans. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;4/13/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p2
The article discusses the Borders High Level Mode (HLM), a new gaming and simulation platform that could help the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in the security of the borders and other ports of entry. The simulation platform can help security developers to make the right technologies,...
- CBP Expanding Use of Border Checkpoint Technologies With New Unisys Contract. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;11/3/2010, Vol. 248 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that Unisys Corp. (UIS) has been awarded a potential 350 million dollars contract by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), to expand the use of border checkpoint technology initially installed by the company. As stated, the agreement has a one-year base value of 29...
- Surveillance Aerostats Show Promise On Texas Border As CBP Evaluates Test Results. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;9/21/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 60, p3
The article offers information on the testing of two aerostats with surveillance gear, by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The evaluation of these aerostats proved their efficiency for the protection of Texas Border. CBP is also analyzing the cost for their deployments, and training...