URS Nabs $35M FEMA Support Award
- Northrop Grumman [NOC]: ICF International [ICFI]: General Physics Corp. [GPX]: Northrop Grumman Nabs FEMA Order to Support Preparedness Exercises. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;6/9/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p17
This article focuses on the task order received by Northrop Grumman from the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to design, develop, conduct, evaluate and provide operational support for the agency's regional preparedness exercises.
- UNDER CONTRACT. // Hill;3/5/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 25, p17
The article offers information on the public contracts entered by various U.S. government agencies including the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD), and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- No-Bid Contracts Proliferated at FEMA. Strohm, Chris // National Journal;6/2/2007, Vol. 39 Issue 22, p46
The article reports that about 4,000 contracts were awarded by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) after Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. David Price, chairman of the Homeland Security Appropriations Subcommittee, stated that FEMA should anticipate its emergency procurement and...
- Contracts. // Medical Device Daily;8/7/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 149, p5
The article reports on a contract received by Greenwood Village, Colorado-based Emergency Medical Services Corp. from the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency. The agency has awarded the company's operating segment, American Medical Response, an exclusive agreement to provide ground...
- FEMA director announces public/private partnership to change the way businesses deal with natural .. // PA Times;Jun98, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p8
Reports that the US Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Wall Street's Contingency Planning Exchange have launched a partnership to change the way businesses across the country deal with natural disasters. Objectives of Project Impact: Building Disaster Resistant Communities and Joint...
- The FEMA phoenix. Franklin, Daniel // Washington Monthly;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 27 Issue 7/8, p38
Spotlights the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in the United States. Background; Administrative functions; Mission; Criticisms of FEMA's work; Reviews of FEMA performance.
- FEMA to let L.A. decide how to spend federal relief funds. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;11/6/95, Vol. 25 Issue 45, p21
Reports on the Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA) grant of approval for Los Angeles County hospitals damaged by the 1994 Northridge earthquake, to spend federal disaster relief funds as they see fit. Negotiations between county hospitals and FEMA; Policy as contrary to the county's...
- Called by disaster. Harrington, T. // Yankee;Aug89, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p82
First-hand account of life as a reservist working with disasters for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Pushed to the limit. Manning, S. // Scholastic Update;12/15/89, Vol. 122 Issue 8, p12
Studies the federal government's ability to handle major catastrophes, in light of two recent natural disasters, Hurricane Hugo and the Northern California earthquake. Role of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); Criticisms of FEMA's performance.