L-3 Communications [LLL]: TSA Certifies L-3 Enhanced Speed eXaminer EDS System
- L-3 Introduces Checkpoint Bag Scanner That Automatically Detects Explosives. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;6/18/2015, p4
The article reports on the introduction of a compact version of an explosives detection system (EDS) based on computed tomography (CT) by L-3 Communications for use at aviation security checkpoints.
- TSA Boosts L-3 Contract For Baggage Screening Equipment. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;3/28/2011, Vol. 249 Issue 58, p3
The article informs that a contract worth 61 million dollar to purchase 60 additional medium-speed Explosives Detection Systems (EDS) used to screen checked bags at the nation's airports has been awarded by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to L-3 Communications (LLL). It has...
- Science Applications International Corp. [SAI]: L-3 Communications [LLL]: OSI Systems' [OSIS]: American Science and Engineering [ASEI]: Raytheon [RTN]: General Electric's [GE]: SAIC Agrees To Acquire Reveal Imaging, Makes Move into Aviation Security. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;8/4/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 16, p2
This article reports on the acquisition by Science Applications International Corp. of Reveal Imaging Technologies. The CT-80 series of reduced size machines is the main seller in Reveal's family of explosive detection systems (EDS) which are sold to the U.S. Transportation Security...
- EU Approves Smiths Detection Scanner for Standard 2. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;11/10/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p8
The article announces the European Union's granting of its approval to Smiths Detection's dual-view HI-SCAN 10080 EDX-2is hold baggage screener for explosive detection system Standard 2 performance.
- GE Security. // AirGuide Online.com;7/13/2009, p4
The article reports that Itemiser DX, desktop explosives trace-detection equipment has completed the certification process of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA). As announced by GE Security Inc., Itemiser DX has completed the TSA certification process as well as operational...
- India Developing e-dog to Sniff out Explosives. // Siliconindia;Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p10
The article focuses on the development of electronic-dog (e-dog), a prototype being developed by Indian scientists to be used for detecting explosives.
- OSI Systems [OSIS]: OSI Systems Gets Foreign Order for X-Ray Equipment. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;4/27/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p12
This article reports on a contract received by the Rapiscan Systems division of OSI Systems from a civil aviation authority in Asia for its high-speed MVXR 5000 Explosives Detection System.
- Israel Accepts Morpho's Itemiser DX Trace Detector For Government Use. // Defense Daily;4/15/2010, Vol. 246 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the approval of the Itemiser DX explosive trace detection (ETD) system from Morpho Detection to be used by government agencies in Israel for border crossings, transportation facilities, and civilian facilities and institutions.
- Baggage screening order. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Aug98, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p28
Reports on Vivid Technologies Inc.'s receipt of orders for its package and hand baggage automated explosives detection system.