Service Officials Talk Need of Obtaining Situational Awareness for Cyber
- Joint Tactical Combat Training System. // Naval Aviation News;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 77 Issue 5, p24
Features the US Navy and Air Force's Joint Tactical Combat Training System (JTCTS) program. Reasons for the development of the program; List of JTCTS technology; JTCTS' development as a Tactical Combat Training System in 1992; Exploring opportunities for enhanced inteoperatibility in 1993;...
- The Unbearable Being of Jointness. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2010, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p6
In this article the author focuses on the need for the U.S. Navy to end its isolationism from other services particularly the U.S. Airforce for facing the challenges presented by the fiscal austerity and its impacts.
- Writing for Proceedings. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Sep2010, Vol. 136 Issue 9, p95
The article invites authors to contribute articles to the periodical "U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings" related to the U.S. Navy, Army and Air Force which could get published in its next issue.
- Air Force Trying To Get Six Cyber Capabilities Designated As Weapon Systems. Host, Pat // Defense Daily;11/29/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 39, p6
The article reports that the U.S. Air Force has proposed to designate six cyberspace capabilities as weapon systems. These include Air Force Cyberspace Defense (ACD), Cyberspace Command and Control (C2) Mission System, Cyberspace Defense Analysis (CDA), Cyberspace Vulnerability...
- Space Fence Taken Down. // Signal;Oct2013, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p10
The article reports that the 21st Space Wing of the U.S. Air Force Space Command discontinued operations at the Air Force Space Surveillance System (AFSSS) on October 1, 2013 and that Command officials have devised modified operating modes in other systems to maintain space situational awareness.
- Report card. // FW;10/24/95, Vol. 164 Issue 22, p58
Ranks the performance of the Department of Defense, taking into consideration the progress made up til 1995 and giving credit for plans of future change. Acquisitions and procurement with a grade of C-; Financial management with a grade of C-; Logistics and infrastructure with a grade of C-;...
- CEA, M/W Among 4 Shops Pitching U.S. Navy. McMains, Andrew; Baar, Aaron; Irwin, Tanya // Adweek Midwest Edition;08/21/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the contending agencies for the United States (U.S.) Navy's advertising account in August 2000. How the agencies will be reviewed; Contenders for the advertising account of the U.S. Air Force.
- AFTER THE STORM. Barry, John L. // Naval War College Review;Autumn2001, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p116
Focuses on the growing convergence of the Air Force and Navy of the United States. Improvement of the joint operational abilities; Expansion of the technological base; Deployment of multilayered defensive shields.
- U.S. develops new AirSea Battle Concept to answer China in the Pacific. // East-Asia-Intel Reports;2/23/2011, p1
The article offers information on the development of a new war strategy by U.S. against China's military. The war strategy, called the AirSea Battle Concept, aims to strengthen the coordination between the Air Force and the Navy in the Pacific region. The plan has also been made to respond to...