NIST Ranks Morpho Fingerprint Authentication Technology First in Testing
- Keeping biometrics up to date. // Industrial Engineer: IE;May2014, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p17
The article reports on a study by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) into the effects of aging on biometric systems such as fingerprints, iris scanning, and facial recognition.
- NIST Publishes Three White Papers On Strengthening Cyber Authentication And Identification. Abott, Richard // Defense Daily;12/21/2015, Vol. 268 Issue 55, p8
The article reports that several white papers have been published by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) which focus on biometric authentication, identity proofing and metadata and confidence scoring and mentions that the topics will be discussed during NIST workshop.
- NIST: Building a Solid Foundation. Voas, Jeffrey; Bojanova, Irena // IT Professional;Mar2014, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p13
For over a century, the US National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has made significant contributions to the world of science and technology, affecting not only US businesses and the economy but also the general public. This introduction provides a snapshot of the impact of NIST's...
- Plug-and-Play Biometrics. Boland, Rita // Signal;Sep2012, p41
The article discusses a protocol issued by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology to serve as design guides for manufacturers working to create products in biometrics interoperability. The protocol enables the sharing of data among biometrics sensors over wired or wireless...
- Top-Ranking in Important Government Test Gives Precise Biometrics Unique Market Position. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/21/2011, p586
The article reports on the achievements of biometric supplier Precise Biometrics AB for its outstanding performance on standardized Match-on-Card for government employees in the U.S. According to the MINEX II report, it is the only supplier who passed the three different card vendor submissions....
- New protocol enables wireless and secure biometric acquisition with web services. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;5/7/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that researchers from the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) have developed a new protocol for communicating with biometric sensors over wired and wireless networks.
- Japan : NEC ranks first in NIST fingerprint matching technology benchmark test. // TendersInfo News;8/22/2014, p1
The article reports that according to the Proprietary Fingerprint Template Test conducted by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the fingerprint identification technology of NEC Corp was ranked top position for matching accuracy. It mentions the views of Hiroshi...
- Security, standards and technology. HOGAN, HANK // HS Today;May2009, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p15
The article discusses the role of the National Institute of Standards and Technology in aiding the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS). It is stated that NIST is working on finding techniques to weather attack from quantum computers. With regards to cryptography, NIST is developing a kind...
- Biometrics Enter PIV Picture. Rothman, Paul // Government Security;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology's biometric specifications for the personal identity verification (PIV) cards under Federal Information Processing Standard-201. The PIV cards are mandated by the Homeland Security Presidential Directive for...