BP Global [BP]: Coast Guard, Interagency Group, Seek Proposals for Oil Spill Response Solutions
- OPERATION DEEP WATER HORIZON. St. Jeanos, Mike // New York State Conservationist;Oct2010, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p18
The article details the actions taken by New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) in response to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. It describes the role played and contributions of DEC ECO in the Operation Deepwater Horizon, the response launched by the U.S. Coast Guard to the...
- Oil rig claims may top $1B. Bradford, Michael // Business Insurance;5/3/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 18, p1
The article reports on the estimate by energy market sources on the possible loss to be incurred by the Gulf of Mexico after the completion of a cleanup due to the blast that sank the Deepwater Horizon oil drilling rig. Simon Williams, head of marine and energy at Hiscox Ltd. in London, England,...
- Oil spill likely to push energy rates up. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;7/5/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p0013
The article provides information about the effect of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill in April 2010 on the energy insurance market. It is inferred that the loss and attritional losses in the sinking of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig will probably increase energy insurance rates. It is also mentioned...
- CASTS + BLASTS. Kirkland, Darrel; Timmons, Brian; Cunningham, Rip // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov2010, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p10
Two letters to the editor, along with their replies, are presented in response to articles in the 2010 issues, including "Waiting for the Oil," in the July 2010 issue, and "Russian Roulette," in the August/September 2010 issue.
- OUR REAL Gulf Disaster. DOLINAR, LOU // National Review;8/30/2010, Vol. 62 Issue 16, p30
The author criticizes media coverage and expert opinion surrounding a massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico from a well owned by oil firm BP PLC. In the author's view affected fisheries are returning to normal quicker than expected, reports of massive underwater oil plumes were exaggerated,...
- Investigation Points to Many Root Causes. Becker, Linda // Process Heating;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p4
The article offers author's views on the BP Deepwater Horizon explosion in Gulf of Mexico that occurred on April 20, 2010.
- NEWS IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/6/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p8
A quiz about the articles featured in this issue is presented, which include the Gulf oil spill.
- International viewpoint and news. Reich, Matthias // Environmental Earth Sciences;Jan2012, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p555
The author discusses the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010. He states that 780 million liters of oil leaked in three months and 11 people died after the disaster. The author mentions that consumers are not concerned with the origin of the oil not after...
- THE PLACES WE SAVE. // Garden Design;Oct2010, Issue 168, p7
The author reflects on her experience of revisiting Alys Beach, Florida which was affected by the oil spill at the Gulf of Mexico.