BP Global [BP]: Coast Guard, Interagency Group, Seek Proposals for Oil Spill Response Solutions
- OPERATION DEEP WATER HORIZON. St. Jeanos, Mike // New York State Conservationist;Oct2010, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p18
The article details the actions taken by New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) in response to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico. It describes the role played and contributions of DEC ECO in the Operation Deepwater Horizon, the response launched by the U.S. Coast Guard to the...
- Oil spill likely to push energy rates up. Veysey, Sarah // Business Insurance;7/5/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 27, p0013
The article provides information about the effect of the Gulf of Mexico oil spill in April 2010 on the energy insurance market. It is inferred that the loss and attritional losses in the sinking of the Deepwater Horizon oil rig will probably increase energy insurance rates. It is also mentioned...
- CASTS + BLASTS. Kirkland, Darrel; Timmons, Brian; Cunningham, Rip // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov2010, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p10
Two letters to the editor, along with their replies, are presented in response to articles in the 2010 issues, including "Waiting for the Oil," in the July 2010 issue, and "Russian Roulette," in the August/September 2010 issue.
- Investigation Points to Many Root Causes. Becker, Linda // Process Heating;Jun2010, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p4
The article offers author's views on the BP Deepwater Horizon explosion in Gulf of Mexico that occurred on April 20, 2010.
- NEWS IQ. // Scholastic News -- Edition 4;9/6/2010, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p8
A quiz about the articles featured in this issue is presented, which include the Gulf oil spill.
- International viewpoint and news. Reich, Matthias // Environmental Earth Sciences;Jan2012, Vol. 65 Issue 2, p555
The author discusses the explosion of the Deepwater Horizon in the Gulf of Mexico on April 20, 2010. He states that 780 million liters of oil leaked in three months and 11 people died after the disaster. The author mentions that consumers are not concerned with the origin of the oil not after...
- THE PLACES WE SAVE. // Garden Design;Oct2010, Issue 168, p7
The author reflects on her experience of revisiting Alys Beach, Florida which was affected by the oil spill at the Gulf of Mexico.
- A bubbling brew. Haas, Erwin // Liberty (08941408);Jul2010, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p7
The author reflects on the commotion over the oil that spilled right into the Gulf of Mexico after a drilling operation of British Petroleum (BP) went wrong in 2010, which allowed environmentalists to make arguments against drilling offshore.
- EDITOR'S NOTE. Studt, Tim // Laboratory Equipment;Oct2010, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p6
The article presents the author's view on the impact of the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico on the lives of marine species such as whale sharks, planktons, and salt water marsh.