Boeing [BA]: Lockheed Martin [LMT]: Industry Officials: Homeland Security Market "Robust" But Challenges Abound
- TiPS II. Doherty, Brian // Reason;Apr2011, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p14
The article focuses on the program initiated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), in conjunction with the Nationwide Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) Initiative, under which state and local law enforcement are trained to identify suspicious behavior indicating terrorism-related...
- DHS FNS Branch Plans Technical Exchange Meeting with Domain Name System Leaders. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/6/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p18
The article announces a technical exchange discussion that will be held by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Federal Network Security (FNS) Branch in Northern Virginia on July 18, 2011.
- DHS Says New Review Is a Tool for Leadership to Link Programs with Missions. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/21/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p2
The article focuses on the recently completed Bottom-Up Review (BUR) which gives the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) leadership a powerful tool for linking its programs and activities to its missions and functions. David Heyman, assistant secretary for Policy at DHS, says the BUR...
- IG: USCG Continues To Spend More Time On Homeland Security Missions. // Defense Daily;8/25/2010, Vol. 247 Issue 39, p8
The article presents information on the Annual Review of the U.S. Coast Guard's Mission Performance report released by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Inspector General. According to the report, the Coast Guard spent more time on homeland security missions as compared to non-homeland...
- Demeter's Resilience: An International Food Defense Exercise. HENNESSEY, MORGAN; KENNEDY, SHAUN; BUSTA, FRANK // Journal of Food Protection;Jul2010, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p1353
The National Center for Food Protection and Defense (NCFPD), which is led by the University of Minnesota, hosted an international food defense exercise on 27 to 29 May 2008. Established in 2004, NCFPD is a Department of Homeland Security Center of Excellence with the mission of defending the...
- President's National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee. Echols, Michael // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;7/30/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 146, p44641
The article offers information on the teleconference of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)National Security Telecommunications Advisory Committee (NSTAC) to be held on August 16, 2012.
- Civitas Group CEO to speak at Homeland Security Solutions Conference. McHale, John // Military & Aerospace Electronics;May2004, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p8
Highlights the Homeland Security Solutions Conference and Exhibition on May 18-19 2004, in Baltimore. Organizers; Keynote speakers; Topics to be discussed.
- DHS Components Often Failing To Report Required Conference Attendance, IG Says. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;8/24/2015, Vol. 267 Issue 38, p6
The article reports on the failure of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) components to report conferences they hosted or attended as required, according to the DHS Inspector General (IG).
- Secure your spot at ChemSecure. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;2/26/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 8, p28
The article reports on the "ChemSecure: Security Conference and Expo" to be hosted by the American Chemistry Council (ACC) in Arlington, Virginia. The event has been intended to support the efforts of the members of the ACC to implement the regulatory framework requirements of the U.S....