DNDO Seeks Two Boat-Mounted Rad/Nuke Detectors
- DNDO Assessing Alternative Global Nuclear Detection Architectures. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/21/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) in the U.S. to conduct a routine review of its Global Nuclear Detection Architecture.
- Light-activated two-level resistance switching: An extremely sensitive GaAs/AlGaAs solid-state photon counter. Snow, E. S.; Campbell, P. M.; Glembocki, O. J.; Moore, W. J.; Kirchoefer, S. W. // Applied Physics Letters;1/8/1990, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p117
Data are presented on a new type of extremely quiet and sensitive GaAs/AlGaAs photodetector. The photoresponse of the device is controlled by a hole trap in a tunnel barrier. Capture of a single photoinjected hole by the trap gates the device and produces an easily measured current pulse which...
- Meander-type detector counts single photons. // Laser Focus World;Sep2002, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p13
Reports that researchers from New York, Russia and Germany have developed a single-photon detector with counting rates that are higher than other techniques such as avalanche photodiodes. Features of the detector with an active element made of superconducting niobium nitride; Construction of...
- Further developments of series-connected superconducting tunnel junction to radiation detection Kurakado, Masahiko; Ohsawa, Daisuke; Katano, Rintaro; Ito, Shin; Isozumi, Yasuhito // Review of Scientific Instruments;Oct97, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p3685
Reports on further developments of series-connected superconducting tunnel junction (STJ) to radiation detection. Detectors with large sensitive area, which are designed for the detection of high-energy radiations through the diffusive phonons produced by the collision of the radiations with...
- More Good News. // Progressive;Oct87, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p11
Reprints an advertisement about a hybrid nuclear event detector published in 'Aviation Week & Space Technology.'
- Superconducting detector counts photons within a pulse. // Laser Focus World;Aug2005, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the development of high-efficiency photon-number-resolving detector to characterize the optical output of parametic downconversion crystals. Operation of the detector; Reliance of the superconducting transition-edge sensor on the rapid change in electrical resistance; Change in...
- Special features of formation of high-performance semiconductor detectors based on Î±Si-Si(Li) heterostructures. Muminov, R.; Saymbetov, A.; Toshmurodov, Yo. // Instruments & Experimental Techniques;Jan2013, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p32
A production technology of nuclear radiation detectors based on Î±Si-Si(Li) heterostructures is considered. It is shown that these detectors are more efficient as compared to traditional p-n structures due to a thin near-surface ('dead') layer.
- The performance of a microchannel-plate-based position sensitive detection system. Waterhouse, D.K.; Williams, J.F. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Sep97, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p3363
Reports on the characteristics and calibration of a microchannel-plate-based resistive-anode position-sensitive detector (PSD). Factors affecting the spatial uniformity of the fast rise-time timing signals and the position-dependent performance; Detection efficiency of the PSDs.
- Radiation Resistance of SiC and Nuclear-Radiation Detectors Based on SiC Films. Lebedev, A. A.; Ivanov, A. M.; Strokan, N. B. // Semiconductors;Feb2004, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p125
Available results of studying the radiation resistance of SiC and developing the nuclear-radiation detectors based on SiC are analyzed. The data on the ionization energies, capture cross sections, and plausible structure of the centers formed in SiC as a result of irradiation with various...