HP [HPQ]: ArcSight [ARST]: Intel [INTC]: McAfee, Inc. [MFE]: Boeing [BA]: HP to Acquire Security Software Firm ArcSight for $1.5 Billion
- HP Acquires Security Specialist ArcSight. // Channel Insider;9/13/2010, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of security specialist company ArcSight Inc. by software provider Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP) in the U.S. It notes that HP has signed a definitive agreement with ArcSight for an enterprise value of 1.5 billion dollars. It concludes that the acquisition will...
- Security Shopping Spree. WESTERVELT, ROBERT // Information Security;Oct2010, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on several acquisitions in the information security industry as of September 2010. These include Hewlett-Packard's purchase of ArcSight, a security information and event management vendor, for 1.5 billion U.S. dollars, and Intel's acquisition of McAfee for 7.7 billion U.S....
- HP, ArcSight Deal Offers New Channel Opportunities. // Channel Insider;9/14/2010, p1
The article discusses the acquisition of ArcSight Inc., a risk management solutions provider, by technology company Hewlett-Packard Co. (HP). According to Scott Crawford, research director for Enterprise Management Associates Inc., the acquisition will strengthen HP's enterprise supremacy ) for...
- HP Still on a Deal Roll. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;9/20/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 38, p2
The article reports on the plan of California-based consumer technology company Hewlett-Packard to acquire ArcSight for 1.5 billion dollars.
- Buy, baby, buy. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (15476693);Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p14
The article reports that Hewlett-Packard's acquisition of ArcSight and the purchase of McAfee by Intel reflect the continued consolidation in the information technology (IT) sector.
- After Acquisitions, HP Launches Comprehensive Cyber Security Services and Tools. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/14/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p4
The article reports that HP has rolled out an expanded suite of cyber security services and products being offered particularly to clients with big information management systems. HP's expanded Enterprise Security Solutions hope to help clients enhance their comprehension of risks and threats,...
- HP To Acquire Security Software Firm ArcSight For $1.5 Billion. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;9/14/2010, Vol. 247 Issue 52, p6
The article reports on the 1.5 billion dollar acquisition of enterprise security software provider ArcSight Inc. by Hewlett-Packard Co. It discusses the business relationship of ArcSight Inc. with the federal government which includes National Cyber Security Division of U.S. Department of...
- WIPRO AND HP SIGN GLOBAL SYSTEM INTEGRATION ALLIANCE. // Networks Update;Oct2001, p6
Reports the merger of information technology solutions providers Wipro Ltd. and electronic-management solutions Hewlett Packard (HP) Co. to develop management solutions for Telecom Service Providers. Benefits of the alliance; Ways to improve business performance; Background of HP Co.
- Largin' IT. Hoare, Steve // Lawyer;8/4/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 31, p10
Interviews Hewlett-Packard Co.'s legal counsel Gareth Jones about the information technology company's merger with Compaq Computer.