Western Extrusions will expand capacity
- Microstructure and mechanical properties of nickel deformed by hydrostatic extrusion. Kulczyk, M.; Pachla, W.; Mazur, A.; Diduszko, R.; Garbacz, H.; Lewandowska, M.; Łojkowski, W.; Kurzydłowski, K. J. // Materials Science (0137-1339);2005, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p839
The goal of the present work is to demonstrate that a bulk, ultra-fine grained microstructure can be obtained by the hydrostatic extrusion process of a 99.5% technical purity of nickel. Deformation with the total true strain of 3.8 was performed at room temperature to a wire 3 mm in diameter....
- SHS extrusion of materials based on the Ti-Al-C MAX phase. Bazhin, P.; Stolin, A. // Doklady Chemistry;Aug2011, Vol. 439 Issue 2, p237
The article focuses on self-propagating high temperature synthesis (SHS) that can be used for the production of materials based on MAX phases. It states that the production of articles from material based on MAX phases are important for developing SHS methods including pressing, extrusion, and...
- Putting the squeeze on metals. Esposito, Tony; Hotter, David S. // Machine Design;03/06/97, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p177
Highlights the benefits of manufacturing metal components by near-net extrusion. Extrusion process; Options offered by extrusion to designers; Applications for near-net shape extrusions; Metals which can work with extrusion process; Design criteria; Laboratory tests to verify specified...
- Steel shapes. // Design News;1/20/97, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p54
Focuses on the production of aluminum extrusions in carbon and stainless steel. Advantages of the parts produced; Production technique; Applications of full-length bars.
- Forging ahead. // Works Management;Mar2003, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the implementation of a Preactor APS at the manufacturing facility of alloy extrusion firm Pechiney Aviatube in Great Britain. Improvement of the level of scheduling functionality; Growth of the load capacity; Integration of the scheduling strategy.
- Microstructural and magnetization studies of sintered and melt-textured Y-Ba-Cu-O. Alford, N. McN.; Button, T. W.; Gough, C. E.; Wellhofer, F.; O�Connor, D. A.; Colclough, M. S.; Pollard, R. J.; McCartney, D. G. // Journal of Applied Physics;12/15/1989, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p5930
Presents information on a study which discussed the methods of producing high-T[subc] ceramic wires. Microstructure of the wire prepared by the extrusion and sintering route; Results from magnetization and pulsed current measurements; Description of the melt texturing method.
- Bending of square aluminum extrusions with aluminium foam filler. Hanssen, A.G.; Hopperstad, O.S.; Langseth, M. // Acta Mechanica;2000, Vol. 142 Issue 1-4, p13
Reports on the bending of square aluminium extrusions with aluminium foam filler. Deformation pattern of the beams; Capacity of the foam filled beams; Influence of axial crushing.
- JoeTools moves into larger location. // Wire Journal International;Aug2010, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p18
The article reports that JoeTools, an extrusion products manufacturer and designer company based in Georgia, has relocated to a 28,000 square feet facility in Lilburn from Atlanta for its expansion plans.
- High-strength aluminum extrusion alloy. // Advanced Materials & Processes;May2003, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p44
Focuses on a study on high-strength aluminum extrusion alloy, conducted by Iulian Gheorghe of Alu Menziken Aerospace. Life-limiting factor of corrosion; Material substitution; Corrosion protection; Thermo-mechanical processing.