Sweet 16 Furncert graduates
- Irish firms can gain web aid. // Cabinet Maker;09/22/2000, Issue 5206, p6
Reports on the grants to be given by Enterprise Ireland to small furniture makers.
- Work-force development looms as critical need. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the need for Tucson, Arizona-based companies to invest in continuing education and workforce development programs to serve a changing economy. Advanced training offered by Pima Community College, University of Arizona and University of Phoenix; Raytheon's offer of a multitude of...
- MODULES CAN PROVE HELPFUL AS A TRAINING AID. Carter, Robert N.; Carter, Sylvia M. // Training & Development Journal;Feb78, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p52
Explains how the use of the module as a method of instruction can be a significant aid in improving efforts in continuing education in the corporate setting. Measurement of knowledge before and after training; Preparation of the training module; Tips for the instructor on how to use the module;...
- Manufacturing Is a Job for Knowledge Workers. Weimer, George // Material Handling Management;Jun2002, Vol. 57 Issue 6, p20
Talks about the need for production workers to be up-to-date with engineering and factory techniques. Information on the reusable training modules used by the National Center for Manufacturing Science to bring cost-effective continuing education to the industry; Misconception about industrial...
- CEU--A Giant Step Backward. Kutler, Gordon E. // Training & Development Journal;Oct75, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p8
Discusses the effect of continuing education unit (CEU) on training and development profession in the U.S. Definition of CEU; Gresham's law of training programs.
- Change your survival odds by adapting to change. Spencer, M.W. // Contractor Magazine;Dec93, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p26
Opinion. Discusses the need to continue personal education to be able to adapt to changes in the industry. Training schools sponsored by industry manufacturers; Change in the attitudes about school; Training programs for employees; Opportunities given by management education and technical...
- Continuing education crucial for advancement. Somers // Inside Tucson Business;09/27/99, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p10
Comments on the significance of continuing education in technologically-advanced workplace. Forms of continuing education; Range of activities to consider in preparation of an employee personal development plan; Regular feedback as mentoring approach.
- Partners in spirit. // Cabinet Maker;12/5/2003, Issue 5367, p26
Features Irish company, Enterprise Ireland, sponsor of the Retail Innovation award at the Furniture Awards 2004. Success in exporting to Europe; Product offerings of the agency; objectives of the Enterprise Ireland.
- Courses round-up. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p47
Features several human resource training courses in Britain. Advanced participative method course in encouraging self-development in trainees; Course that teaches contemporary approaches to develop the confidence of others; Techniques for training officers; Others.