THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY
- Rooms to grow. Kastelein, Barbara // Business Mexico;June2002, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on the tourist trade in Mexico. Success of the hotel industry; Increase in the generation of foreign currency; Growth on the investment in business tourism.
- Tourism Business Environment. // Vietnam Tourism Report;Q4 2008, p10
The article deals with the ranking of the tourism industry of Asian countries as of the fourth quarter of 2008. Hong Kong, China is the best-placed country, scoring 72 points. Hong Kong, which has recovered well from the tsunami of late 2004, continues to prioritise the industry as a key source...
- Foreign exchange sales in jeopardy. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;1/7/2002, Issue 2495, p26
Reports on the impact of the euro on the foreign exchange business of travel agents and operators in Great Britain in 2002. Number of European Union countries which use the euro; Information on the commission-free transactions.
- Strong euro poses threat to prices. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/16/2003, Issue 2568, p60
Reports on the threat posed by the falling value of the British pound against the euro to the European travel industry. Impact on tourism sales; Comments from travel agents.
- Tourism forex earnings cross '60K crore from Jan-June, growth of 6.2 per cent. // Travel Talk-India;Aug2015, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p12
The article reports on the growth in the Foreign Exchange Earnings (FEEs) through tourism in India in January-June 2015.
- Refocus the lobby effort to win the D.C. battle. Friedheim, Eric // Travel Agent;3/18/96, Vol. 279 Issue 3, p16
Opinion. Discusses how the travel industry has helped the United States' economy. Foreign exchange revenue collected; Transportation infrastructure and travel and tourism.
- Viva tourists. Asher, Joseph // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1981, Vol. 73 Issue 3, p32
Reports the increase of foreign tourism resulting to an increase in foreign exchange rates in the U.S.
- Currency Checker. Gohel, Kapila // Duty-Free News International;Oct2015, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p26
The article focuses on the status of global currencies market and mentions its effects on travel industry and and currency exchange rates.
- Market Monitor. // Travel Agent;06/26/2000, Vol. 300 Issue 4, p130
Presents news items concerning the travel industry in Europe, as of June 26, 2000. Details of the Open Bridge celebration in Denmark and Sweden that marked the opening of the Oresund crossing; Decline in the value of the United States dollar against the euro.