Investing In High-Tech Agriculture
- Colo. sees $14.5M boost in ag exports. BURNHAM, T. J. // Western Farmer-Stockman;Oct2013, Vol. 134 Issue 10, p48
The article reports on the increase in exports in the first half of 2013 of the farm industry of Colorado that marked a rise in income from foreign sales by $14.5 million.
- Russia to halt import of U.S. agriculture goods. Bennett, David // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;8/ 7/2014, p2
This article reports on the announcement by the Russian government of its plan to stop agricultural imports from the U.S. and European Union for a year. It discusses the reasons behind the plan, agricultural exports from the U.S. to Russia in 2013, and views from agricultural experts on Russia's...
- Record Agricultural Exports. Shearer, P. Scott // National Hog Farmer Expert Blog;9/ 4/2012, p6
The article reports on the figures provided by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) wherein the agricultural exports for the fiscal year of 2013 is estimated to reach a record of $143.5 billion.
- California agriculture ready for another good year in 2012. Cline, Harry // Western Farm Press;3/17/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p14
The article focuses on the economic forecast for the agricultural industry in California in 2012. Rabobank's vice president and agricultural economist Vernon Crowder mentions that he was optimistic that the agricultural economies in California are brighter as 2011. It states that California is...
- Russian opportunity knocks for Texans. Felder, Matt // Texas Agriculture Magazine;9/4/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the agricultural trade opportunities of Russia with Texas. It notes that Russia is the main producer of potash fertilizer and its mineral fertilizer company EuroChem Mineral & Chemical Co. looked for import buyers to market its products. It also mentions that the U.S....
- U.S. agricultural exports forecast at record value. Robinson, Elton // Southwest Farm Press;1/11/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p15
The article reports on the $77 billion exports that the U.S. agriculture industry are expected to reach for the 2007 fiscal year. According to the forecast from the Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service and Foreign Agriculture Service, the country's projected agricultural exports...
- FARMING TO THE FORE. Bryan, John // Irish Farmers Monthly;Sep2010, p9
The article offers the insights of Irish Farmers' Association (IFA) president John Bryan on his role as IFA president and on the role of agriculture in the economic recovery of Ireland. According to Bryan, the agriculture accounts for around 270,000 jobs and is the backbone of much exports of...
- 2014 U.S. agricultural setting new record. // High Plains Journal;11/10/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 46, p25B
The article reports on the increase of U.S. agricultural exports from $141 billion in 2013 to $152.5 billion in 2014.
- Peruvian Grape Exports Rise. Frabotta, David // Farm Chemicals International;Nov2010, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p20
The article offers information on the agricultural industry in Peru. It states that the country has exported 68,000 tonnes of grapes for the 2009 to 2010 growing season, which is 50% higher compared with 2008 to 2009 season. It says that the country's coastal farmland, sierra, and selva are used...