Falling Popularity Could Force Early Elections
- PRALAIMÄ–JIMAS, PRILYGINTAS LAIMÄ–JIMUI: GERO ANDRIAUS KUBILIAUS VYRIAUSYBÄ–S PARTIJÅ² PASIRODYMO SEIMO RINKIMUOSE PRIEÅ½ASTYS. JASTRAMSKIS, MAŽVYDAS // Politologija;2014, Issue 73/1, p36
No abstract available.
- LITHUNIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
The article provides an overview of Lithuania's political and economic risk and business environment including the poll result for Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius, the slow economic recovery and the prevalence of risk to the real gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
- Principal Government Officials. // Lithuania Country Review;2012, p58
The article presents the key government officials of the Republic of Lithuania including President Dalia Grybauskaite, Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius and Cabinet officials.
- Risks Of Cabinet Reshuffle Pronounced. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p1
The article presents updates on the political scene in Lithuania. The resignation of Minister of Foreign Affairs Vygaudas Usackas has shown growing tensions between the executive and legislative branches. It is expected that the ability of Prime Minister Andrius Kubilius' coalition government to...
- Beleaguered Government To Hang On To Power. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2011, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p11
The article presents a political forecast in Lithuania specifically on the restoration of the political standing of Andrius Kubilius, the prime minister of Lithuania. Kubilius has been anticipated to survive the parliamentary vote in October 2012. The government is expected of the difficulty in...
- CIA: The World Factbook: Lithuania. // CIA World Fact Book;2011, p393
The article presents facts on Eastern European country Lithuania as of 2011. It says that it has an estimated population of 3,535,547 Lithuanians who speak several languages including Polish, Russian, and Lithuanian. It mentions that the country is headed by President Dalia Grybauskaite and...
- A STATE SMALLER THAN ITS TERRITORY: STRUGGLES OVER IDENTITY AND LOYALTY ON THE SOUTHEASTERN BORDERLAND OF LITHUANIA. Norkūnaitė, Marija // Politologija;2016, Vol. 82 Issue 2, p191
The article examines political situation on the Southeastern borderland of Lithuania, which is referred as the "Fortress" of Lithuanian Poles due to the one-party rule by the Electoral Action of Poles in Lithuania and a tense relationship with the central government.
- DEFEAT THAT WAS TREATED FOR VICTORY: REASONS BEHIND THE GOOD PERFORMANCE OF A. KUBILIUS' GOVERNMENT PARTIES IN SEIMAS ELECTIONS. Jastramskis, Mažvydas // Politologija;2014, Issue 73/1, p179
An abstract of the article "Defeat That Was Treated for Victory: Reasons Behind the Good Performance of A. Kubilius' Government Parties in Seimas Elections," by MaÅ¾vydas Jastramskis is presented.
- Early Elections Looming. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2006, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p12
Presents a political outlook for Lithuania for 2006 and for 2007. Expectation on early elections, following the failure of the Parliament to accept the nomination of former finance minister Zigmantas Balcytis; Possibility that President Valdas Adamkus will attempt to bring center-right parties...