Favouring Domestic Demand Plays
- Q309 Growth: H109 Trough View Plays Out. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Jan2010, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p1
The article provides information on the analysis of Business Monitor International LTD (BMI) over the gross domestic product (GDP) performance of various countries in Europe. Based on various flash estimates on third quarter real GDP of various countries released in through November 17, 2009,...
- THE BIGGER PICTURE. // Supply Management;5/13/2010, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p41
The article discusses the economic conditions and outlook in Europe from 2009 to 2014.
- FOREWORD. Sinn, Hans-Werner // EEAG Report on the European Economy;2012, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor mentions the publication of the 11th annual Report on the European Economy which looks into intra-European balance-of-payments imbalances.
- Fortress Europe. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/09/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 39, p29
Discusses the economic growth prospects for Europe in 2001. Economic growth expected in Germany; Performance of the French economy in 2001; Value of the euro currency; Contrast between European growth prospects and those of North America and the Pacific Rim in 2001.
- Regional: Mixed Signals For Equities. // Emerging Markets Monitor;10/5/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p15
The article reports on the outlook for benchmark equity markets in emerging Europe in the latter part of 2009. The bullish key market view of Business Monitor International Ltd. (BMI) on the Russian RTS index was reinforced on September 30, 2009. The Russian market's uptrend is predicted to...
- Party is over for EuropeEven. Barber, Tony // World Today;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 68 Issue 1/2, p26
The author discusses the lack of economic growth in European countries as of 2012, compares the economic conditions in Europe to those in Japan in the 1990s, and argues that European nations are not as well positioned to adapt to those conditions. Topics include unemployment and "peripheral...
- CEE Banking Sector: Stability In Check. // Emerging Markets Monitor;5/9/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the improving Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) banking industry as of May 2011. It mentions that the scenario is supported by a more encouraging economic forecast compared to the West. It likewise states that the expectations for the sector's continued improvement and...
- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR EUROPE. // EEAG Report on the European Economy;2012, p6
The table of contents for the January 1, 2012 issue of the journal "EEAG Report on the European Economy," is presented.
- Bad for the portfolio... Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;6/21/99, Vol. 91 Issue 143, p11
Details how 1999 was predicted to be an excellent year for European investors, but instead it has been a great disappointment. How European stocks are trading; How European-linked mutual funds are among the worst; Positive factors stemming from the euro; How the future of European funds may...