Study finds nine-to-five working day unfriendly
- Little Naps Produce Big Benefits. // Subconsciously Speaking;May/Jun1996, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p7
No abstract available.
- Sleep apnea syndrome. // FDA Consumer;Dec86/Jan87, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p28
Sleep apnea syndrome is characterized by daytime dozing and disturbed night time sleep. The nature and structure of sleep; Narcolepsy; Snoring; Treatment with Continuous Airway Pressure. INSET: Getting help for sleep apnea..
- Defining enuresis. // FDA Consumer;May89, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p10
Defines primary and secondary enuresis in children. Enuresis is diagnosed in five- and six-year olds who have two or more monthly episodes of bed-wetting and in older children who have one or more episodes a month. Stages of sleep and bedwetting; Provides sources to gain more information on...
- Suspect a sleep disorder in patients with frequent nocturia. // Modern Medicine;Jul96, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p46
Presents an abstract on the article `Nocturia: A Rarely Recognized Symptom of Sleep Apnea and Other Occult Sleep Disorders,' by M.R. Pressman, W.G. Figueroa et al published in the March 11, 1996 issue of the `Internal Medicine' journal.
- Can't sleep? Tired? Tense? Hauri, P.J.; Linde, S. // Redbook;May90, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p156
Discusses some recent research in the field of sleep and gives tips on the effects of nutrition on sleep. Drugs and alcohol; Meal times; Vitamins and minerals; Coffee.
- Nightwalkers. Angerman, J.E. // Pediatrics for Parents;1992, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p2
Offers a look at the problem of sleepwalking in children. Characteristics of the sleepwalker; Taking safety measures; What to do when you see your child sleepwalk; Finding help; The American Sleep Disorders Association; Things parents can do.
- Italian version of the Epworth sleepiness scale: external validity. Vignatelli, L.; Plazzi, G.; Barbato, A.; Ferini-Strambi, L.; Manni, R.; Pompei, F.; D'Alessandro, R. // Neurological Sciences;Feb2003, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p295
We assessed the validity of an Italian language version of the Epworth sleepiness scale (ESS). The translated ESS was compared to the multiple sleep latency test (MSLT), considered the gold standard for the diagnosis of excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS). Within the context of a multicentric...
- The big sleeplessness epidemic. Kiernan, Vincent // New Scientist;8/21/93, Vol. 139 Issue 1887, p10
Reports on the prevalence of sleep disorders among Americans. Creation of the Center for Sleep Disorders Research at the National Institutes of Health; Social costs of sleep disorders; Prescription of medications to prevent chronic insomnia; Propensity of professionals who work 24-hour shifts.
- Prepare for takeoff. // Men's Health (10544836);Jun93, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p20
Compares the decibel levels of a snoring sleeper to a jet airplane at takeoff.