JLP online off to a good start
- John Lewis' Online bible basher. Hoffbrand, Jenny // Precision Marketing;5/2/2008, Vol. 20 Issue 13, p18
The article focuses on contributions of John Lewis Partnership PLC web selling head David Walmsley to the company in Great Britain. Walmsley has imparted new target, introduced experienced online professionals and improved the sales and performance of the company. He is responsible of...
- How John Lewis changed its business model. Parsons, Johanna // Logistics Manager;Nov2013, p13
The article focuses on the growth achieved by department store company John Lewis after adopting omni-channel as its business model. Topics discussed include the role played by operations director Dino Rocos in the company's strategic shift, the benefits acquired by its online platform from...
- John Lewis plans autumn Eoffering. // Cabinet Maker;06/30/2000, Issue 5194, p5
Informs that Great Britain-based department store chain John Lewis is planning to launch a full online shopping service.
- Web escapes JLP price promise. // Cabinet Maker;9/21/2001, Issue 5256, p7
Focuses on the use of online marketing as a business strategy of the department store chain John Lewis Partnership. Availability of the products, prices, offers and stocks in the webs sites of the company; Changes in the pricing policy in the internet; Percentage of the increase in the...
- John Lewis to get staff more involved with web operation. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;5/13/2010, p07
The article reports on the plan of retailer John Lewis to increase the participation of its online partners in a quest to maintain its spot within the highly competitive online department store industry in Great Britain in May 2010.
- JLP grasps the nettle. de Melim, Richard // Cabinet Maker;08/04/2000, Issue 5199, p7
Reports on the revamping of furniture retailer John Lewis' online presence. Launch of JLP's John Lewis Now site; Resources available on the site.
- Doing it in style. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;5/13/2010, p16
The article features Jonathon Brown, head of selling for johnlewis.com in Great Britain. It says that the growth of the website signifies the determination of Brown to make it the definitive online department store, which is up by 200 percent in terms of fashion products year on year. According...
- Partners in Sales. // Time;12/8/1967, Vol. 90 Issue 23, p108
The article offers information on the success of John Lewis Partnership PLC's department stores. The chain began in 1864 when John Lewis opened a shop in London, England's Oxford Street for silk and dress materials. It notes that his son, Spedan Lewis, introduced a "profit-sharing scheme" and...
- Furniture stars as online sales surge 37% at chain. // Cabinet Maker;3/21/2014, Issue 5877, p11
The article reports on the 37% online sales growth at department store chain John Lewis for the week ending March 8, 2014.