- The strength and adhesion properties of plasma-treated linen materials subjected to crease resist finishing. // Colourage;Jul98, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p36
Discusses the abstract of an article about the strength and adhesion properties of plasma-treated linen materials subjected to crease resist finishing.
- Expanded shade line. // Architectural Record;Oct2003, Vol. 191 Issue 10, p195
Brilliance pleated shades from Hunter Douglas Inc. have been updated to feature nine new styles, including all new sheers, prints and juvenile patterns, as well as several color updates. A micropleated shade in six colors in the classic Irish Linen fabric complete with a headrail and cord lock...
- Unreal, Exotic and Over the Top. // Architectural Digest;Feb2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p108
Features a range of textile finishing products and designs sold at Mary Kuzma Finishing in Brooklyn, New York preferred by artist and faux finisher, Laura Hunt. Application of the fabrics and design on panels, screen, furniture and accessories; Design and finishing considerations.
- Bedlinen. // Home Furnishings;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p32
Presents information on bedlinen. Examination of various pieces of linen; Prices of the linen.
- On the Glam. Gavenas, Marilise // DNR: Daily News Record;5/14/2007, Vol. 37 Issue 20, p26
The article discusses how the Italian textile mill Milior is planning to launch a collection of metallic and coated linens that are mostly glossy on the surface and flossy on their inside. The article reports that the collection is being called "I.Glam," and it will debut for the spring 2008 season.
- Two New DP Treatments from SRRC. Wade, C. P.; Rowland, S. P.; Franklin, W. E. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Nov74, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p49
Cotton fabric finished with dimethylol- (dimethylaminoethyl carbamate) (DDC) and dimethyloldiethylaminopropyltria-zone (DDPT) by the mild cure process With strong acid catalysis exhibited Strength and resilience properties in the range that is commonly realized With conventional reagents. The...
- AATCC Offering Workshop For Textile Clothing Specialists At Research Triangle Park. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;May78, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) will offer a short course to textile and clothing specialists next month at the AATCC Technical Center. Eight guest speakers will review the wet processing technology. The program is scheduled for June...
- New generation of PA BCF spin finishes based on CAE. Nyhofen, Ralf; Cramer, Bernhard // Chemical Fibers International;Dec2005, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p377
The article reports that Bozzetto GmbH has introduced the first spin finish for polyethylene napthalate-bulk continuous filament in Krefeld, Germany. The spin finish is based on carbonic acid esters (CAE). The use of CAE is more effective than other lubricants due to its water solubility and...
- Contractual services: Learn to ask the right questions. Frederick, Eric // American Laundry News (Crain Communications Inc. (MI));Jun2002, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p4
Presents several questions to ask regarding linen contractual services in the U.S. Deliveries; Regulations; Linen finishing.