Approaches made to buy First National
- POS finance. // Credit Management;Feb2000, p14
Informs that Great Britain-based First National, Abbey National's finance house, has signed a deal with Everest, the home improvement company, to provide point of credit finance for all its home improvement products. Terms of contract.
- Ditidaht mill working around tariff problems. // Raven's Eye;Nov2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7, p2
Reports the continued operations of Ditidaht First Nation mill in British Columbia. Generation of specialty lumber products; Switch from custom cutting cedar for Weyerhaeuser; Partnership with Hayes Logging.
- Integrated move. // Cabinet Maker;6/13/2003, Issue 5342, p4
Reports on the relocation of the retail credit support operations of furniture firm First National in England.
- Letter from London. // Bank Technology News;Feb2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p22
Reports developments related to business in Great Britain as of February 2002. Selection of Keane Ltd. to implement a customer relationship management solution within the customer finance division of First National; Use of a private trading exchange by Barclays Bank; Deal of Lloyds TSB with...
- FORWARD EXCHANGE, SHORT TERM CAPITAL FLOWS AND MONETARY POLICY: A REPLY. Coulbois, Paul; Prissert, Peirre // De Economist (0013-063X);Dec76, Vol. 124 Issue 4, p490
Presents a reply on the comments of B.J. Schep and W.J.B. Smits regarding forward exchange markets. Overview of their propositions in response to the commentary; Elaboration on the interest parity theory cited; Scheme of the profit accumulation for banks employing arbitrage.
- High street fights shy of sub-prime. // Mortgage Strategy;7/17/2006, p5
The article focuses on the developments in the sub-prime mortgage borrowing market in Great Britain. The sub-prime mortgage borrowing has shown to have grown rapidly in the recent years. First National is considered to be the latest sub-prime player to advance on traditional lending market with...
- GE to Acquire the U.K.'s First National. // National Mortgage News;2/10/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p20
Reports on the plan of General Electric Co. Consumer Finance to acquire British-based First National's lending business.
- THE PROPOSED FACILITY OF A $125 MILLION 100-BED LUXURY PRIVATE HOSPITAL FOR WESTBANK FIRST NATION IN BRITISH COLUMBIA., WOULD BE FIRST OF ITS KIND IN CANADA. // SAY Magazine;Eco Dev 2013, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p36
The article informs that Westbank First Nation along with Ad Vitam Healthcare Ltd. is planning to build a 100 bed luxury medical facility at the cost of 125 million U.S. dollars in British Columbia.
- Sun gods. KEILY, LINDSAY // Northern Ontario Business;Sep2013, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p38
The article reports on the partnership between renewable energy company Helios Developments and Whitefish River First Nation, a community of people of Ojibway ancestry, which provides training opportunities, employment and prosperity for the community within the renewable energy sector in Ontario.