- Currys blow for MFI. // Cabinet Maker;5/13/2005, Issue 5438, p5
Reports on the decision of MFI (UK) Ltd. to cease its Hygena at Currys concession operation as it faces a shareholder revolt at its annual general meeting. Problems encountered by the company in its concessions; Impact of the closure of the concessions on company finances; Plan of the company to...
- Concessions increased. // Cabinet Maker;4/22/2005, Issue 5435, p6
Reports on the increase in the concession outlets of Pier 1 Imports Inc. in England. Expansion of the firm; Benefits of the opening for the company; Locations of the outlets.
- Dwell opens Selfridges concession. // Cabinet Maker;4/24/2009, Issue 5634, p7
The article reports on the opening of the first concession of contemporary furniture retailer Dwell at department store retailer Selfridges PLC in London, England on April 13, 2009. It states that the company occupied a 4,000-square-foot concession on the department store which will add to its...
- Franchised concession or concessioned franchise? Sidkin, Stephen // Cabinet Maker;8/1/2014, Issue 5895, p23
The article discusses the advantages and potential pitfalls of franchises and concessions in Great Britain. Topics include the need to address the issues about the contractual relationship between the two brands, product liability and defective products, and the occurrence of intellectual...
- Cargo homing in on Index. // Cabinet Maker;4/22/2005, Issue 5435, p3
Reports on the plan of Cargo Furniture to acquire the Index catalog of Littlewoods Stores in Great Britain. Results of business losses suffered by Index; Citation of the concessions held by Cargo at Littlewoods; Expansion of Cargo in smaller store format.
- Airport plans office concession. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/20/99, Vol. 29 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the Salt Lake City International Authority in Utah's request of proposals from companies interested in constructing and operating a multi-workstation `office-away-from-home' concession in the airport's terminal. Space area set aside for the concessionaire; Types of services to be...
- tenant allowance (TA). // ICSC Dictionary of Shopping Center Terms;2005, p152
A definition of the term "tenant allowance (TA)," which refers to a provision sometimes made by landlords to build a tenant space or provide rent concessions, is presented.
- Mark your calendar. Mongelluzzo, Bill // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/15/2008, Vol. 9 Issue 36, p12
The article discusses the concession program that Southern California's Long Beach and Los Angeles port is implementing by October 1. The program, which aims to help reduce 80% of the harbor pollution in five years, will require trucking companies to get concessions before their trucks can...
- Orange County Convention Center vote expected. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/22/98, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p34
Focuses on a plan by Orange County, Florida commissioners to vote on which contract companies will manage the catering and concessions at the Orange County Convention Center. Competition among Fine Host Corp., Aramark and Levy Organization for the deal.