Defect policy will pay off
- Assortment management. // Chain Store Age;Sep96 Supplement, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p28
Focuses on the use of assortment management as a major initiative for leading retailers in 1996. Reasons for retailers' commitment; Breaking down of traditional merchandising barriers; Essential information technology components; Level of integration.
- A blueprint for local assortment management. // Chain Store Age;Feb97, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p27
Details how retailers can improve their local, store-by-store assortment management proficiency. Integration of all planning processes that occur before and during the selling season; Principles of micro-marketing; Customer loyalty; Buyer's market; Drivers and issues; Key benefits. INSETS:...
- Don't let opportunity slip away. Solomon, Noal // Discount Store News;10/6/97, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p16
Shows the importance of seizing an opportunity in retailers work. Opportunity to make a deal or sale; Requisites of retailing.
- Editorial. Reynolds, Jonathan // European Retail Digest;Autumn2004, Issue 43, p5
Introduces a series of articles on retail management in Great Britain.
- Wheel of fortune. Outcalt, Dick; Johnson, Pat // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Apr97, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p40
Provides strategic approaches in managing a retail trade businesses. Understanding the principles of working capital; Conversion of capital into profits; Establishment of stringent credit requirements; Knowledge in monthly and annual inventory; Balance between current assets and liabilities.
- Putting good ideas to work. Cunningham, Marty // National Petroleum News;Oct93, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p84
Opinion. Provides insights on implementing new ideas concerning the retail business. Illustrative case; Setting of priorities in order to have available time; Accountability and assistance in overcoming obstacles; Onsite consulting service; Monitoring of success at various time periods.
- Winning in the 21st century: Slimmed down, ready for action. Gade, Michael; Bivins, Jacquelyn // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Special Issue 1993, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p56
Forecasts the needed techniques for retailers to survive in the 21st century market. Re-engineering business structure; Effective use of technology; Continually refined merchandising strategies; Flexible, global-oriented management. INSET: Building the global brand..
- Organizing for the breakthroughs. Salerno, Robert; Hendricks, Lisa // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Special Issue 1993, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p72
Features the necessity of developing and implementing breakthroughs in retail trading techniques. Radical changes in the organization; Emphasis on work processes and performance; Sensitivity to consumer's cultural background; Utilizing technology to provide knowledge to employees; Innovation;...
- Where did all the profits go? Haaz, Mort // Playthings;Sep96, Vol. 94 Issue 9, p44
Discusses how retailers can maintain positive cash flow and maximize profitability in their business. Factors that drive the retail business; Principle of open-to-buy planning; Tracking of sales and turnover; Maintenance of a balanced product mix.