Natuzzi clamps down on costly frivolous complaints
- How to Write a Complaint Letter. // Scholastic Action;02/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p20
Presents instructions on how to write a consumer complaint letter.
- Responding effectively to a written complaint. Schutte, Peter // Pulse;4/8/2002, Vol. 62 Issue 14, p64
Presents guidelines on writing a response to written complaints from patients. Precautionary measures on amending patient records; Presentation of the chronology of events; Benefits of a thorough and detailed first response.
- send a letter of complaint. Rollin, Barbara // Lifetime;Apr2004, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p35
Offers ideas on writing a letter of complaint. Salutation considerations; Example of asking for assistance without expressing anger; Tips on finishing the letter.
- STOP WHINING AND START WRITING! Benet, Siobhan; Sykes, Tanisha A. // Black Enterprise;Mar2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p123
Offers tips on writing an effective complaint letter. Use of the name of the person of authority in addressing a letter; List of important points and information that must be included.
- How to Complain (So You Get Results). Grant, Kelli B. // Good Housekeeping;Aug2011, Vol. 252 Issue 8, p105
The article presents suggestions for how to lodge complaints effectively with companies. Suggestions include using gethuman.com to find out how to reach a live customer service representative rather than an automated phone tree, communicating with higher-level employees like executives, and...
- Mind P's, Q's in a complaint letter. Marinucci, Dan // Tire Business;10/9/2006, Vol. 24 Issue 14, p7
The article presents the author's comments regarding the composition of complaint letters of one kind or another. According to the author, owners or managers should write their complaints only after thinking at least twice about it. Complaints should be written in proper English with a proper...
- Chapter 13: Other Relevant Correspondence. Murphy, Donna // How To Write a Query Letter: Everything You Need to Know Explain;2013, p219
The article focuses on the three types of correspondence an author need to submit to an editor, agent or publisher along with a query letter. These include the cover letters, thank-you notes and complaint letter. It offers tips on how and what to include when writing these letters. It also...
- Fictitious play in 2 x 2 games: a geometric proof of convergence. Metrick, Andrew; Polak, Ben // Economic Theory;1994, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p923
This paper provides a new proof of Miyasawa's (1961) result showing the convergence of fictitious play in 2 ï¿½ 2 games. The novelty of the approach used here is that it rests entirely on the geometric properties of the best-response correspondence. The geometric approach greatly shortens the...
- When to rat on a colleague. Pollan, Stephen M.; Levine, Mark // Executive Female (0199-2880);May/June97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p61
Presents a strategy and script in deciding whether to complain about a peer's performance on a job. Goal for the script; Attitudes in delivering the script; Preparation to made before delivering the script; Importance of timing in delivering the complains; Behavior to adopt in delivering the...