Using Multiple Regression Analysis in Real Estate Appraisal
- A 'Final' Word on Multiple Regression and Appraisal. Lessinger, Jack // Appraisal Journal;Jul72, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p449
Focuses on the user of multiple regression analysis in real property appraisal. Requirements in order for the multiple regression process to work well; Determination of the extent of interaction in single family house prices; Encouragement of appraisers to utilize comparable cases having...
- Multiple Regression Analysis as an Approach to Value. Dilmore, Gene // Appraisal Journal;Jul72, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p459
Focuses on the use of multiple regression analysis in real property appraisal. Definition of regression analysis; Applications of regression analysis in real property valuation; Advantages and disadvantages of such type of method.
- On the Selection of the Best Predictive Model in Multiple Regression Analysis. Brown, Ralph J. // Appraisal Journal;Dec74, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p572
Provides tips on selecting the best predictive model of multiple regression analysis for real property valuation. Difficulties involved in relying on the use of coefficient of multiple determination and t ratio as guides in regression model selection; Functions of relative measure of goodness...
- Pardon Me, but Your Regression in Showing. Hall, Robert W. // Appraisal Journal;Oct78, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p604
Comments on the use of regression analysis in real estate appraisal. Use of a simple linear regression formula to forecast future publication activity in 'The Appraisal Journal'; Totally erroneous conclusions that can be reached by correct and provable mathematical processing of data that may...
- An Evaluation of a Statistical Method of Appraising Rural Property. Wise, James O.; Dover, H. Jackson // Appraisal Journal;Jan1974, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p103
Evaluates the use of multiple linear regression equations to quantify factors affecting value of rural property in Georgia. Relationships between a set of factors and the value of property; Determinants of rural property prices; Condition of sale factors; Three variables that had the greatest...
- Multiple Regression Analysis: A Valuable Tool for Mass-land Appraisals. Woolford, William A.; Cassin, Steven G. // Appraisal Journal;Apr83, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p213
Discusses the use of multiple regression analysis as a tool for mass-land appraisals in the United States. Data used in valuation; Analysis of comparable sales data; Classification of subject lands according to certain characteristics.
- Real estate market segmentation: Empirical results. Hamilton, Thomas W. // Assessment Journal;May/Jun98, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p56
Determines the advantages of using weighted least squares (WLS) procedure over ordinary least squares (OLS) in the mass appraisal of real property using multiple regression. Preregression analysis of sample data from Albany County, Wyoming; Systematic discrepancy in using the WLS technique;...
- Regression modeling in Calgary--a practical approach. Dalgiesh, Robert; Buchart, Lawrence // Assessment Journal;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p23
Details how the Calgary Assessment Department in Calgary, Alberta converted from mass appraisal based on the cost approach to mass appraisal based on the sales comparison approach and multiple regression analysis for an in-house reappraisal of residential property. Overview of mass appraisal...
- Letters to the Editor. // Appraisal Journal;Oct79, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p587
Presents an exchange of views on an article concerning the use of multiple regression in real estate valuation. Issues on basic statistical principles; Standard error and confidence interval; Size of sample.