Avis Drives By with $400M in HY
- Agent incentives. // Travel Agent;03/24/97, Vol. 285 Issue 8, p96
Reports that Avis Inc. is offering a commission to travel agents who book a pre-paid three day consecutive rental in California or Florida and who purchase tickets to Ride the Movies at the Universal Studios in either state. Other incentives offered; Contact information.
- Avis up for sale. // Newsweek;11/4/1985, Vol. 106 Issue 19, p52
Avis up for sale, the Beatrice Companies announced earlier this month. Now Avis's founder, Warren Avis, may be about to reclaim the company as his own. He wants to buy the company back for an undisclosed sum and take on the No.1-ranked Hertz.
- A real long drive. // Golf World;3/17/95, Vol. 48 Issue 31, p8
Reports on Avis Inc.'s promotional campaign for golfers. Package golf trip to Florida; Package cost per person; Contact information.
- New Avis `concierge service' in 20 U.S. cities. Dunn Jr., Jerry Camarillo // National Geographic Traveler;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p13
Reports on Avis' concierge service. Responsibilities of the concierge.
- Car teasers. // Newsweek;5/2/1994, Vol. 123 Issue 18, p55
Comments on an ad by Avis in New York newspapers offering a weekend rate of $25 a day. What the fine print said; Avis' explanation.
- Avis expands SE Asia. // Travel Daily;12/9/2013, p6
The article reports on the expansion by car rental company Avis Car Rental in South East Asia in December 2013 following its selection of a licencee to launch operations in Laos and Cambodia.
- Driving Avis to market. // Business News New Jersey;09/29/97, Vol. 10 Issue 33, p3
Reports that in New Jersey, Parsippany's HFS, which bought the car-rental company Avis in October 1996, took the company public. Amount of money raised by the Avis offering; Assets excluded from the sale of HFS.
- Mixed message award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);5/1/95, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p1
Report that Avis plans to add high-paying jobs to its Garden City headquarters in New York. Avis' plan to relocate 173 administrative jobs to a either Florida of Virginia.
- How worker involvement pays off for Avis. Thomas, Tony; James, David // BRW;11/20/95, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p71
Features the global car rental company Avis Inc. Employee-ownership creating a direct linkage between worker suggestions, higher profits and worker rewards; Financial performance of Avis Australia for the year 1994; Avis Australia's bonus scheme; Formalized system for employee participation.