Vultures Nowhere in Sight
- Vultures Nowhere in Sight. MacFadyen, Ken // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p28
The article discusses the economic aspects of financial service industry. According to J. Scott Victor, a founding partner and managing director of investment bank SSG Capital Advisors LP, the seasoned funds presented very disciplined elements in the market. Furthermore, it notes that lenders...
- Private equity firms fight back as buyouts come under fire. Jackson, Will // Fund Strategy;3/5/2007, p14
The article focuses on the concerns over the accusation that private equity firms are acting out of self-interest by selling off assets in the pursuit of short-tem gains in Great Britain. Brendan Barber, general secretary of the Trades Union Congress, some firms give the impression of being...
- Investment Grants--Progress Payments on Acquisition of Assets. // Accountancy;Aug1967, Vol. 78 Issue 888, p519
The article reports on the regulations concerning Investment Grants which may be paid in respect of progress payments on the acquisition of assets without waiting for the assets to be completed in Great Britain. The Board of Trade have announced that in view of the wide variety of contractual...
- Largest Indiana Buyout/Takeover Investors. // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/19/2005 Supplement, Vol. 26, p25
Presents a chart depicting the largest buyout/takeover investors in Indiana, ranked by capital under management.
- Fewer large deals, but more activity. // Accountancy;Dec1990, Vol. 106 Issue 1168, p33
The article provides information on the increase in number of management buyouts in Great Britain in the first half of 1990. The value of buyout and buyin transactions at Â£1.71 billion was 24.3 % less than the Â£2.26 billion recorded in the same period of 1989. However, the volume of deals...
- HP Split Seen Opening Door To Buyouts. PETE BARLAS // Investors Business Daily;10/7/2014, pA05
Hewlett-Packard going splitsville could lead to a marriage down the road to EMC or some other suitors.
- National City Buys SSG Capital of Pa. Mazzucca, Tim // American Banker;8/11/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 154, p19
The article looks at how National City Corp. of Cleveland, Ohio bought SSG Capital Advisors LP to expand its investment banking unit, NatCity Investments Inc. A spokeswoman for Nat City said the deal closed and the companies did not disclose the price. SSG, of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, has 16...
- M&A. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/20/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 24, p19
Presents charts and a graph depicting the volume of business merger and acquisitions as of June 13, 2005. Global target volume by selected industry; Volume of merger deals for U.S. energy and power industries; Non-U.S. target merger and acquisition adviser rankings.
- The Best of Times For Healthcare M&A. Abrams, Sandra Lee // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/17/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 39, p34
Comments on the volume of merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in the healthcare industry in the U.S. Expectations of healthcare M&A bankers by 2006; Comment of Michael McIvor, head of healthcare M&A banking at Banc of America Securities LLC, regarding the flow of deals; Areas in healthcare that...