Preparation of rehabilitation counselors to serve people living with HIV/AIDS
- Survey rates Texas counselors high. // American Rehabilitation;Winter90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p27
Compares the wages of Southern rehabilitation counselors with Texas rehabilitation counselors. Findings of the January 1991 survey of rehabilitation counselors conducted by the Arkansas Department of Human Services about the wages of the counselors.
- Research on rehabilitation counselor roles and functions: A dinosaur that refuses to die. Thomas, Kenneth R. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Sept90, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p72
Presents an overview and critique of rehabilitation counselor roles and functions studies in the United States. Problems associated with studies of the roles and functions of rehabilitation counselors; Recommendations to address the problems.
- Reported preparedness of certified counselors in rehabilitation counseling knowledge areas. Szymanski, Edna Mora; Leahy, Michael J. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Dec93, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p146
Examines the reported preparedness of certified rehabilitation counselors. Description of factors underlying preparedness; Examination of differences in preparedness across respondent characteristics.
- The National Association of Rehabilitation Instructors. Fears, Faye // Journal of Rehabilitation;Jul-Sep95, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p38
Features the National Association of Rehabilitation Instructors. Purpose of the association; Membership; History; Past and present presidents.
- SAC certification offered. // Addiction Letter;May94, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p6
Comments on the adjunct credential of Substance Abuse Counseling which has been introduced by the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification (CRCC). Address for more information.
- Essential Knowledge and Skills for Effective Clinical Supervision in Rehabilitation Counseling. Thielsen, Virginia A.; Leahy, Michael J. // Rehabilitation Counseling Bulletin;Summer2001, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p196
This study begins the inductive process of identifying the supervisory knowledge and skills that are necessary for effective field-based clinical supervision of rehabilitation counselors. A total of 774 randomly selected certified rehabilitation counselors (CRCs) completed the Rehabilitation...
- Legal Developments in the Imposition, Tolling, and Revocation of Supervision. Goodwin, Catharine M. // Federal Probation;Dec97, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p76
Discusses legal and legislative developments in the tolling and the revocation of supervision. Imposition of probation; Imposition of supervised release; Incarceration for a conviction.
- A model of statewide planning for the vocational rehabilitation of deaf persons. Ferrell, C. Rod; Wincenciak, Sue l. // Journal of Rehabilitation;May-Jun77, Vol. 43 Issue 2
Focuses on the history, development, implementation and the impact of Model State Plan (MSP) on deaf rehabilitation. Purpose of the model; Increase in the number of rehabilitation counselors after the adoption of MSP; Approaches in the implementation of MSP.
- the educated counselor: responsibilities in service society. Nadolsky, Julian M. // Journal of Rehabilitation;Sep-Oct77, Vol. 43 Issue 4
Focuses on the relationship between actions of educated rehabilitation counseling personnel with the survival of the discipline. Concerns of graduate students on contributions to make within a state rehabilitation agency; Complexity of rehabilitation career; Growth of human service process in...