An overview of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
Tags: ENDOCRINE system -- Physiology; PYLORUS -- Stenosis -- Prognosis; PYLORUS -- Stenosis; SMOOTH muscle; STOMACH; SUDDEN infant death syndrome; ANATOMY; CHILDREN; HISTOLOGY; PHYSIOLOGY, Pathological; RADIOGRAPHY; THERAPEUTICS; ULTRASONIC imaging; SYMPTOMS
- Vitamin D Deficiency and Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy and Childhood: A Cohort Study. COHEN, MARTA C.; OFFIAH, AMAKA; SPRIGG, ALAN; AL-ADNANI, MUDHER // Pediatric & Developmental Pathology;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p292
We sought to (1) determine if there is an increased prevalence of vitamin D deficiency (VDD) in cases of sudden death in infancy and childhood; (2) establish whether there is a link between VDD and infection; and (3) assess if the level of vitamin D can be related to abnormalities in the...
- The Silent KILLER. Towns, Melody // Investigate;Jan2007, Vol. 7 Issue 72, p50
This article talks about Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). According to the author, SIDS, or cot death, is the sudden death of an infant under 1 year of age with an unknown cause. It has killed over a million infants, with 90% of deaths in babies under 6 months old. She said the cause of SIDS...
- Your Questions Answered. // Pediatrics for Parents;2007, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to children's diseases including whether honey can help to treat a child's coughs, an inquiry about bumps on children's and infants' heads and concerns on sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) protocols.
- News on SIDS no SIDS link with vaccination. // Australia's Parents;Jun/Jul96, Issue 93, p43
Reports on the results of a South Australian research on the link between childhood vaccination and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). Claims made about the possible causes of SIDS; Incorrectness of claims about the link between the two.
- Biotin--The Little-Known Lifesaver Mazer, Eileen // Prevention;Jul1981, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p97
No abstract available.
- science backs cosleeping yet again. Pasquali, Kimber // Mothering;Jul/Aug2006, Issue 137, p27
The article presents information about a study which revealed that cosleeping is good for bigger children until they are five years old as it reduces chances of sudden infant death syndrome.
- Vaccines not linked to sudden infant death syndrome risk. // Nation's Health;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p21
Presents information on a study which revealed that childhood vaccinations do not cause sudden infant death syndrome in the U.S. Types of childhood vaccines; Schedule of vaccination; Health benefits of vaccines.
- NEW SIDS STRATEGIES. Howard, Caroline // Working Mother;Mar2003, p60
Focuses on ways to prevent the sudden infant death syndrome (SID). Effectiveness of allowing the babies to sleep on their backs to prevent SID; Benefits of swaddling to help babies fall asleep; Use of mattress wrapping as practiced in New Zealand.
- Ethnicity and childhood mortality in The Netherlands. Van Steenbergen, Jim E.; Schulpen, Tom W.J.; Hoogenboezem, Jan; Van Driel, Harold F.; Bijlsma, Frans // European Journal of Public Health;Sep1999, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p205
Describes the rates and the causes of differences in childhood mortality between Turkish, Moroccan and native Dutch children in the Netherlands. Analysis of death certificates of children who died between 1979 and 1993; Information on the causes of death; Discussion of Sudden Infant Death...