An overview of infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis
- Vitamin D Deficiency and Sudden Unexpected Death in Infancy and Childhood: A Cohort Study. COHEN, MARTA C.; OFFIAH, AMAKA; SPRIGG, ALAN; AL-ADNANI, MUDHER // Pediatric & Developmental Pathology;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p292
We sought to (1) determine if there is an increased prevalence of vitamin D deficiency (VDD) in cases of sudden death in infancy and childhood; (2) establish whether there is a link between VDD and infection; and (3) assess if the level of vitamin D can be related to abnormalities in the...
- The Silent KILLER. Towns, Melody // Investigate;Jan2007, Vol. 7 Issue 72, p50
This article talks about Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). According to the author, SIDS, or cot death, is the sudden death of an infant under 1 year of age with an unknown cause. It has killed over a million infants, with 90% of deaths in babies under 6 months old. She said the cause of SIDS...
- Biotin--The Little-Known Lifesaver Mazer, Eileen // Prevention;Jul1981, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p97
No abstract available.
- science backs cosleeping yet again. Pasquali, Kimber // Mothering;Jul/Aug2006, Issue 137, p27
The article presents information about a study which revealed that cosleeping is good for bigger children until they are five years old as it reduces chances of sudden infant death syndrome.
- Vaccines not linked to sudden infant death syndrome risk. // Nation's Health;May2003, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p21
Presents information on a study which revealed that childhood vaccinations do not cause sudden infant death syndrome in the U.S. Types of childhood vaccines; Schedule of vaccination; Health benefits of vaccines.
- Ethnicity and childhood mortality in The Netherlands. Van Steenbergen, Jim E.; Schulpen, Tom W.J.; Hoogenboezem, Jan; Van Driel, Harold F.; Bijlsma, Frans // European Journal of Public Health;Sep1999, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p205
Describes the rates and the causes of differences in childhood mortality between Turkish, Moroccan and native Dutch children in the Netherlands. Analysis of death certificates of children who died between 1979 and 1993; Information on the causes of death; Discussion of Sudden Infant Death...
- Row over Maori cot death rate. Paul, Charlotte // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);4/25/92, Vol. 304 Issue 6834, p1074
Reports on the increase of cot deaths among Moari infants in New Zealand. Launch of the cot death prevention campaign; Production of television commercial about the risk of smoking in pregnancy; Promotion of breast feeding through booklets and posters.
- Sudden infant death syndrome: cry characteristics. // Community Practitioner;Aug2013, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p12
An abstract of the study "Sudden infant death syndrome: cry characteristics," published in a 2013 issue of the "International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology" is presented.
- Ask Doctor Cory. // Turtle;Sep2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p34
Answers questions on child health, including information sudden infant death syndrome.