Equality Act - new timetable
- Firms failing to protect rights of Invisible' cleaning staff. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Oct2014, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p2
The article reports on the move of the British Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) to examine the employment practices in the contract cleaning industry, especially in the areas of discrimination, working hours, and health & safety.
- Equality Commission tackles pregnancy discrimination. // Employers Law;Dec2013/Jan2014, p5
The article reports that the British Equality and Human Rights Commission will investigate the level of pregnancy and maternity discrimination in the workplace.
- have your sayï¿½ THE EQUALITY ACT. // Employers Law;May2010, p11
The article presents opinions on what measure in the new Equality Act of Great Britain will have the most impact on the workplace. One opinion states the introduction of new regulations that require employers of private and third sectors to publish employee gender pay gap. Another states the...
- Pay parity timebomb carries unlimited risk. King, Jane // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p2
Editorial. Reports on the need to eliminate pay discrimination in Great Britain. Expected introduction of equal pay questionnaires for employers in April 2003; Limits on back pay compensation for equal pay claims; Percentage of employers at risk of equal pay claims from women employees.
- Canadian legal approaches to sex equality in the workplace. Jain, Harish C. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct82, Vol. 109 Issue 10, p38
Discusses the equal employment and equal pay legislation in Canada. Incidence of pre- and post-employment sex discriminations; Three types of human resource policies which might be used to assist minority workers; Court's ruling that differences in the quality of work as assessed by management...
- Proposal requiring tribunals to order equal pay audits has been confirmed. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2012, p5
The article reports on the British government's confirmation of its decision to proceed with proposals to require employment tribunals to order an employer to perform an equal pay audit when it has committed sexual discrimination in contractual or non-contractual pay.
- Dangers multiply as rules on equal pay expand. Paynter, George // Accountancy;Aug1984, Vol. 95 Issue 1092, p140
Discusses the need for British employers to address equal pay issues in order to avoid sex discrimination claims. Ruling by the Industrial Tribunal that there must be equal pay where work is of equal value; Indirect discriminatory principles in employment; Provisions of the Equal Pay Act and...
- Disability still misunderstood in the workplace, finds equality report. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Jul2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that the disabled workers are being placed at a disadvantage in the workplace, according to the report from the Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) in Great Britain.
- Disabled people treated worse at work. // Community Care;12/4/2008, Issue 1750, p11
The article reports on the claim of the Equality and Human Rights Commission in Great Britain that disabled people faces higher levels of workplace hostility than others. A published survey of 4,000 workers conducted by universities in Cardiff and Glamorgan, Wales indicated that 22.5 percent of...