How HR made a difference
- Public sector squeeze. // Credit Management;Mar2012, p29
The article reports on the impact of the changes in Great Britain's National Health Services (NHS) on the entry of the country's public sector into the care sector.
- Staff take on ownership of NHS trust under Big Society initiative. // Primary Health Care;Jul2010, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the transfer of ownership of provider services into the hands of about 1,200 staff of the National Health Services (NHS) Hull in North Humberside, England to City Health Care Partnership Community Interest Co. in line with the government of Great Britain's Big Society...
- Takes time to achieve. Erdal, David; Meldrum, Hamish; Buckman, Laurence // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/15/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7789, p124
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Employee Ownership in the NHS," by C. Ham and J. Ellins, published in the November 25, 2010 issue.
- GPC wins extension to 'named GP' deadline. // Pulse;May2014, p16
The article reports on the success of the GPC to win a one-month extension to the deadline for practices to inform elderly patients about their named general practitioner (GP) in Great Britain.
- MPIG practice sets 'red button' day for closure. // Pulse;May2014, p16
The article reports on the abolition of the minimum practice income guarantee (MPIG) which affect the general practitioner (GP) practice in a deprived area of London, England.
- Your career: planning for the unexpected. Smith, Richard // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/12/2002, Vol. 325 Issue 7368, p790
Editorial. Argues why one should go to the British Medical Journal (BMJ) Careers Fair; Unpredictable future of the healthcare industry; Scenario planning at the National Health Service in Great Britain; Career planning for doctors.
- Decentralization in the Public Sector. Arrowsmith, James; Sisson, Keith // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring2002, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p354
Decentralization has been an important international development in large organizations, including those in the public sector, in recent years. The introduction of self-governing trusts in the U.K. National Health Service in the early 1990s serves as a paradigm case of public sector...
- NURSES LEARN HOW WORKING SMARTER CREATES TIME FOR CARE. Parish, Colin // Nursing Standard;6/18/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p12
The article offers information on the Productive Time project of the Great Britain National Health Service. The goal is to address the efficiency target of the government. It would make better use of staff time and increase the amount of time nurses spend with patients. It will build on existing...
- Payback time. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;4/14/2006, p4
The article focuses on the perception of an upcoming crisis in health services after the National Health Service had been reported to make 100,000 redundancies and the denial of a national pay bargaining in Great Britain. It is asserted that local trusts will benefit from the freedom to defer...