â€¦gather evidence for tribunal
- Witness and lies. // British Baker;2/25/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, Special section p4
The article offers insights on the ACAS Code of Practice on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures in Great Britain.
- Pressure builds for tribunal 'shake-up'. Reade, Quentin // Personnel Today;8/6/2002, p1
Reports the need for the government to overhaul the labor court system in Great Britain. Introduction of measures to prevent workplace disputes going to the tribunal; Development of internal grievance procedures; Increase in the number of tribunal applications.
- Grievance procedures need early action. Randles, Tim // Director;Oct2002, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the Employment Act 2002 in Great Britain which will require employees to operate minimum standards for disciplinary and grievance procedures. Details of the standard disciplinary procedure; Standard procedure for grievance; Expected effect of the Employment Act. INSET: COMPANY LAW...
- Time to put an end to the compensation culture. Broad, Mike // Personnel Today;8/6/2002, p2
Comments on the need to overhaul the employment tribunal system in Great Britain. Increase in the number of tribunal applications; Expansion of the internal grievances procedures; Introduction of a fixed-period conciliation process.
- New Acas disciplinary guidelines. Killingworth, Fiona // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/3/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4571, p38
The article focuses on the new code of practice for disciplinary action and grievance procedures being published by Acas. This new code sets out the basic requirement of fairness. Unreasonable non-compliance of the code by employees and employers can lead to any employment tribunal award being...
- Disciplinary procedures. // Employers Law;Sep2003, p16
Focuses on disciplinary and grievance procedures and issues on employment in Great Britain. Requirement of the British Employment Act 2002 with respect to dismissal and disciplinary procedures; Overview of the Acas Code on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures; Characteristics of a good...
- Disciplinary procedures to be tighter. Wigham, Ross // Employers Law;Dec2003, p4
Reports on the need for employers to improve their grievance and disciplinary procedures in light of the planned implementation of the Statutory Disciplinary Procedures in Great Britain in October 2004. Authority given to Employment Tribunals with regard to compensation awards; Possible impact...
- Keeping the peace. Goldman, Linda; Lewis, Joan // Occupational Health;Nov2004, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p14
Explains the standard and modified procedures for unfair dismissal claims. Cases wherein the standard and modified dismissal and disciplinary procedure arise; Distinction between the standard and modified grievance procedures; Degree of flexibility in the time limits for presenting claims to...
- How to avoid uncertainties in the Acas code. Morrison, Kathleen; Livingstone, Cristine // People Management;3/11/2010, p33
The article addresses questions related to the new Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service (ACAS) code on disciplinary and grievance procedures in Great Britain. These include what a formal grievance is, how employees should react to verbal grievances, and if employees can cross-examine...