- What's on. // Human Resources Magazine;Jun2005, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p6
The article provides information on events related to human resources development in New Zealand that will be held from June until November 2005. The HR Foundations by Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ) is a workshop that familiarizes participants with human resources management...
- CHINA CHECKLIST. Purdum, Traci // Industry Week/IW;Feb2005, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the differences in the human resources practices in China and the U.S. Distinction of a Chinese company from a U.S. company in terms of the role it plays in the lives of its workers; Information on the Chinese way of business and culture; Ways to show appreciation to Chinese employees.
- London skills and jobs strategy launched. Eyre, Elizabeth // Training Journal;Sep2008, p21
The article reports on the launching of London's Future, a job strategy created by the London Skills and Employment Board (LSEB) in England which aims to set out blueprints for the changes needed to improve jobs and skills opportunities for people in the region. Accordingly, the program aims to...
- ON HR'S SECRET SERVICE. Smedley, Tim // People Management;12/13/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 25, p24
The article discusses various issues concerning covert surveillance on employees in Great Britain. It reveals that many leading companies in the country hire private investigators if they suspect that an employee is misbehaving or making false claims. It explains the legal limitations of covert...
- Employment policy. // Management Services;May2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p20
Reports that the European Commission has embraced its discussion paper on good employment practices in European Union member countries.
- Salary monitor. // Personnel Today;10/18/2005, p47
The article presents an overview of factors on which quoted are based in Great Britain. Typically, three to five years' HR experience, but critically would require some exposure to diversity and equality in the agenda of previous employers. The nature of responsibilities will vary between...
- Solutions. Advice from HR Knowledge Advisors. // HR Magazine;May2014, Vol. 59 Issue 5, p20
The article presents questions and answers related to employment practices, including when an employer must respond to a request for verification of employment and the difference between the fluctuating workweek compensation method and a Belo contract.
- Competing with the big boys for talent. Hemsley, Steve // Resourcing;Oct2008, Issue 9, p21
The article focuses on the competition between smaller and larger companies in Great Britain relative to recruitment. It explains the advantages and disadvantages of applying in small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) as well as notes the significance of employer branding. Employment practices...
- Use 20/10/70 rule to woo staffers. // Executive Leadership;Mar2016, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses the implementation of the 20/10/70 rule in managing staff, adapted from "Mad Genius" by Randy Gage.