QUOTE THE WEB
- NBER Profile: Angus S. Deaton. // NBER Reporter;Spring2003, p16
Features economist Angus S. Deaton. Achievements; Career background; Reputation as an economist.
- Speaker's corner. // Director;Dec2006, Vol. 60 Issue 5, p15
The article presents quotes from notable people in current events. Michael O'Leary asserts that extra tax levies on airlines will not put people off flying. Mo Ibrahim, an executive in the telecommunications industry is grateful for his reward for good leadership in Africa. Jon Lech Johansen, a...
- Cast Quotes. // Television Week;1/22/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p35
The article presents quotes from several of the cast of the television series "Guiding Light." Beth Chamberlin, who plays the character of Beth Raines, relates that she is not just a part of a television show, rather, she is part of a mother-daughter tradition, which made her appreciate her job...
- Nurturing a Recovery. Clift, Jeremy // Finance & Development;Sep2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p1
The article discusses various reports published within this issue, including one by Jeffrey Frankel in the ins and outs in global money, an interview with Nobel prize winner Daniel Kahneman, and the works of a team from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
- 15: Dial In Your Happiness. // Wired;Oct2012, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p126
The article discusses the issue of happiness. It cites the detailed external factors that affect the contentment of an individual, including a 75,000 dollar salary per year, a 33-hour work week, and 20-minute commute time. Based on their analysis of the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index, Daniel...
- Deaton Wins Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences. // NBER Reporter;2015, Issue 4, p24
The article announces that Princeton University Professor Angus Deaton has won the 2015 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences.
- A man of endless curiosity. DESAI, ASHOK V. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);10/27/2015, p8
The article announces that economist Angus Deaton has received Nobel Prize for its work on consumption, poverty, and welfare.
- Reality Meets Fiction. // Air Transport World;Oct2010, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p64
The article profiles Ryanair's Michael O'Leary who is said to be controversial for his odd ways.
- Airline boss finds PR a whole new ball game. // Marketing Week;11/9/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 45, p18
Several photographs of Michael O'Leary, the boss of Ryanair, during the public relations launching are presented.