Frustrated customers vent anger at staff
- Customer Service is Not a Luxury. Berman, Eileen L. // Industrial Management;May/Jun2002, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p6
Discusses the need for committed training program to teach employees on how to interact with customers. Interplay between customers and employees; Role of customer service in the success of a company; Customer complaint concerning the poor service of a restaurant.
- The best emerging trend is learning to engage customers. Hayes, Jack // Nation's Restaurant News;10/8/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 41, p66
Focuses on customer engagement on food service industry in the United States. Importance of presence in food servers; Recognition of customers; Need for rule setting in the training of restaurant staff.
- Trust targets staff with Super Users. // IT Training;Mar2003, p10
Reports on the training of the employees of Brathy Hall Trust for the customer relationship management system. Purpose of the training program; Comments of Lisa Kenton, manager at the Trust on the training program; Overview of the training program.
- Five Keys to Delivering Legendary Customer Experiences Every Time. Paton, Mike // Spa Management;Nov2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p60
The article explains the key steps to common customer experience management system. They include commitment in making your customers love you, discovery of what your customers' preferences, evaluation of performance, training of employees on how to excel, and demanding excellence with a...
- Proper telephone training can help capture more business. Feiertag, Howard // Hotel & Motel Management;03/20/2000, Vol. 215 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the importance of telephone training in enhancing customer services in hotels in the United States. Need for telephone training programs for new employees and employees in sales and catering departments; Illustration of a weak and ineffective call-handling technique; Impact of...
- The customer is often ignored. // Marketing Week;9/27/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 33
Comments on the belief of investors on the need for a well-trained employees in business to cater customer needs. Creation of customer relation officer (CRM); Significance of CRM in businesses; Duties and expectations of a CRM.
- Hooray Staff. LaRivière, André // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jun2005, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p26
Reports on the introduction of new restaurant concept by the operators in Canada. Evaluation of benefits packages developing novel ways to entice and retail customers; Retention and attraction of good staff; Improvement of staff relations and training; Offer of culinary and specialty training...
- Small-Bank Training: Tech Out, Service In. Thompson, Laura K. // American Banker;2/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on the importance of customer relations training for the employees of community banks in the U.S. Needs for bankers to rededicate themselves to customer services; Efforts of the Georgia-based First State Banks and Laurens, South Carolina-based Palmetto Bank to arrange training for their...
- Savvy or Just Somethin' Fishy? De Paula, Matthew // U.S. Banker;Sep2003, Vol. 113 Issue 9, p42
Focuses on the Fish! philosophy for employee training in the banking industry in the U.S. Factors affecting customer service relationships; Provision of an entire corporate training package to employees; Accounts on the four basic Fish! principle.